Broadsword Security, Inc. is currently seeking security professionals and military veterans to fill security screener positions.
Job Title: Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
$25,773.00 to $39,752.00 / Per Year
March 2014 - Until Filled
Full-Time - Permanent
Part-Time - Permanent
MANY vacancies - Central Florida
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to All U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals
TSO positions may require a gender-specific (male or female) hiring preference to fill positions in order to meet security mission and same gender pat-down job-related requirements. At airport locations where it is necessary to apply the hiring preference, candidates of the needed gender will be provided preference in the scheduling of the computer based aptitude test, airport assessments, processing and selection.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, Broadsword Security Inc. is calling. TSO components work collectively to prevent terrorism and facilitate air travel.
Securing Travel, Protecting People-At Broadsword Security Inc. you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. You will secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National at time of application submission
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application submission
- Pass a Drug Screening and Medical Evaluation
- Pass a background investigation including a credit and criminal check
- No default on $7,500 or more in delinquent debt (but for some bankruptcies)
- Selective Service registration required
Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) provide security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft in a courteous and professional manner. This includes:
- Operating screening equipment to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft
- Performing searches, to include hand-wand and pat-down searches
- Controlling terminal entry and exit points
- Interacting with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries
- Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive and angry passengers, in order to preserve the professional ability to identify and locate potentially life threatening or mass destruction devices, and to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations
Applicants must meet these qualifications in order to be further evaluated in the TSO hiring process:
- Have a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician
- Be proficient in the English language (i.e., able to read, write, speak, and listen)
The qualification requirements listed above must be met at the time of application submission.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you may be invited to take a Computer Based Test (CBT) to confirm English language proficiency and evaluate x-ray interpretation aptitude. Upon passing the CBT, you will be eligible to be scheduled for additional assessments, which include: (1) a color vision test; (2) a structured interview to determine, among other qualities, your decision making skill and your ability to work with teams and the general public; (3) a drug screening; and (4) a job related medical evaluation that includes a vision exam, hearing exam, and adequate joint mobility exam (in part to determine the physical potential to repeatedly lift and/or carry up to 70 pounds, to stand between one to four hours without a break, and to walk up to two miles during a shift). Upon passing these assessments, you will be subject to a pre-hire background investigation.
Work Schedules for Full-time Positions: Specific work shifts and schedules will be determined by the airport.
Work Schedules for Part-time Positions:
- Full-time positions require 40 hours per week;
- Full-time work consists of shift-work on any day from Sunday through Saturday, which may include irregular hours, nights, holidays, overtime, extended shifts and weekend shifts, changing shifts, and split shifts.
- A "split-shift" consists of any two work shifts, each lasting at least two (2) hours in one 24-hour period, with at least two (2) hours between work shifts.
Specific work shifts and schedules will be determined by the airport.
- Part-time shifts generally range from 16-32 hours per week
- Part-time work consists of shift-work on any day from Sunday through Saturday, which may include irregular hours, nights, holidays, overtime, extended shifts and weekend shifts, changing shifts, and split shifts
- A "split-shift" consists of any two work shifts, each lasting at least two (2) hours in one 24-hour period, with at least two (2) hours between work shifts
All TSOs must maintain the standard level of certification and fitness for duty, to include:
- Completing classroom training, on-the-job training, and all initial certification testing
- Recurrent and specialized training and recertification tests on a periodic basis
- Passing background investigations, including a criminal check and credit check, and all randomly administered drug screening tests
* Please redact all personally identifiable information, including: social security numbers, birth dates, etc.
- If you are claiming Veteran's Preference based upon period of service please submit a copy of the following documents, as applicable: Form DD-214 - Certification of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Member 4 copy),
- A copy of your most recent performance appraisal, NCOER, OER, as applicable
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
To apply for this position please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission United - 8 months ago
USCMA is dedicated to uniting and supporting people committed to the cross-cultural and global mission of Jesus in service to Church and...