Brokerage Processing Associate - Melville, NY
Perform activities necessary to process the daily settlement of security transactions. This includes depositing and sending checks, receive and deliver securities, security transfer (ACAT), opening new accounts, and handle standard operational inquiries from internal and external customers. Manage commission entering process for all revenue; monitor commission adjustments and respond to FC’s timely regarding commission questions. Answer external customer calls. Act as backup in processing transactions, account maintenance and prepping paperwork to ensure paperwork is submitted in good order. Review accounts after opening & daily maintenance for accuracy. Ensure customer funds are recorded promptly and transmitted as appropriate. Interact with Financial Consultants (FC’s) to resolve missing paperwork, clear exceptions received from carriers or Pershing. Respond to FC’s timely regarding commission questions, i.e. research, advise agent promptly and make any necessary updates .Meet compliance standards and protect the assets of our customers through timely, accurate submission of annuity trades. Ensure desk procedures are followed as they relate to job functions performed. Perform job functions at benchmarks set by Support Services Manager. Projects as assigned.
- Performs activities necessary to process the daily settlement of security transactions
- Balance daily cash movement between Pershing and COFA, research rejects and perform monthly reconciliation
- Manage commission payment processing
- Manage Customer Checks received log
- Follow up on asset transfers/life cases
- Processes transfer paperwork to receive in/deliver out securities
- Process trade adjustments
- Research Error Transactions received from Finance (from SRC)
- Handle internal and external customer calls
- Analyze and propose solutions for prevention of NIGOs from carriers
- Perform timely resolution of servicing requests from FC’s and external clients
- Update processing desk procedures as directed on a timely basis
- Handle customer internet password resets
- Participate in Terrapin Testing prior to iteration releases
- Ensure desk procedures are followed in carrying out processing functions
- Effectively communicate with team to ensure tasks are done timely and manager is kept abreast of workload
- Deliver service levels and operational excellence to internal customers and external customers as agreed with Support Services Manager
- Perform aspects of processing for Annuity//Brokerage/Life Insurance to include any or all of the following
- Ensure paperwork is in good order for approval and accounts are opened timely after review
- Ensure customer funds are recorded properly & sent to carriers timely
- Perform daily reconciliation of DDA accounts and submit outgoing wires for processing timely and accurately
- Advise FC’s on proper paperwork,
- Monitor and clear Items for Attention regarding missing account opening documentation
s degree or High School Diploma or military experience with 3+ years of Brokerage processing experience
· Currently active FINRA Series 99, 7, 6, or 27 License
· State-approved Life and Health Insurance licenses
· Strong communications skills
· Previous experience with process management utilizing well developed organizational skills
· Previous experience working with FINRA regulations, investment products and operational processes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ville-NW Suffolk-NFB HQ #2 Melville (22068)
Capital One - 8 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...