Bronx Charter School for the Arts is a public elementary school founded on the principle that arts education is a catalyst for the academic and social success of all students. Located in the South Bronx, we serve as a model that encourages reform and innovation in the broader public school system.
In December 2009, Bronx Arts was awarded a five-year renewal of its charter. As part of our new charter, we have outlined several objectives to help bring us to our overall GOAL of Proficiency for All. To help us reach that goal, we are seeking to fill the following positions:
For a complete job posting, please visit: http://www.bronxarts.net/join-our-team/
- The Classroom Teacher is responsible for ensuring that all students in his or her class are achieving at high levels both academically and socially. Three years of teaching experience and certification is required. Certification is Required
- The Learning Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all his or her students achieve at high levels, and are fully included in the Bronx Arts community. Three years of teaching experience and certification is required. Certification is Required
- The ESL Teacher is responsible supporting students by leading small-group intervention, as well as pushing into the students' classrooms for additional in-class support. Certification is Required.
- The Reading Specialist is responsible for setting student goals and instructional outcomes aligned with Bronx Arts benchmarks and based on specific student assessment in reading for students. Certification is Required
Bronx Arts Highlights:
Benefits for Our Team Members
- We employ a co-teaching model in every classroom
- We are an inclusive setting with one ICT classroom on each grade level
- There are 26 students in a class; therefore there is a 13:1 ratio of student to teachers
- We believe in Art as a catalyst for learning in all subjects
- We believe that collaborative and communication is at the heart of good instruction
- We use data to inform daily instruction in a daily effort to improve student achievement
- Students receive an hour of arts instruction each day
Compensation packages are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Health and Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefit Program. Optional benefits include: Retirement Investment (403 Plan), Vision Plan, and Medical Flexible Spending Account.
Bronx Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Bronx Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. Candidates with experience and a commitment to serving urban areas are strongly encouraged to apply.