High school diploma or equivalent is required
Experience is preferred
Responsible for locating and accumulating patient’s charts and medical records at the Clinic’s medical office in preparation for their appointments with BHI physicians. Also performs the duties of a Medical Records Technician, as assigned. Reports to Team Leader – Medical Information Services. May also receive direct supervision from CAO, CCO, nurses and physicians.
1. Contacts referring physicians to request that the medical records of their patients who have upcoming appointments with BHI physicians be sent/faxed to the Clinic prior to their appointments, and upon receipt of such records, places them in the patients’ charts.
2. Prepares patients’ charts for their upcoming appointments with BHI physicians in the Clinic, working closely with the Clinic’s medical staff to ensure that all necessary patient information is available to the physician at the appointment.
3. Notifies patients of their upcoming appointments, reminds them to bring specified items or information with them to their appointments (such as medication lists, pill bottles, etc.) and gives them directions to the office, if necessary.
4. Performs the duties of a Medical Records Technician, if necessary and if time permits ( see Medical Records Technician job description ).
5. Pulls charts for Clinic appointments and for distribution to other physicians and healthcare providers, as requested, ensuring that record release authorizations have been completed before sending out any charts or medical records. Has recipients sign for charts and inserts out-guides.
6. Follows Clinic’s medical records policies and procedures.
7. Maintains patient confidentiality.
8. Attends meetings and participates in committees as assigned.
9. Performs other medical records-related duties and completes special projects, as assigned.
Experience/Education: High school diploma or equivalent. CRT preferred. Minimum of two years office experience; one year medical records experience.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 12 months ago