Make a Difference
Budget Analyst/Resource Advisor
- Business Analyst- USAF Civil Engineering - Montgomery, AL
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and energy needs. Our staff has supported mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both here and around the globe. We excel in delivering to mission-critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Budget Analyst/Resource Advisor - Business Analyst
for the Air Force Civil Engineer Operations, you will support the Air Force Civil Engineer NexGen Information Technology (AF CE NexGen IT). In this role, you will collaborate with customers to gather information, define complex work problems, and design a system and procedures to resolve problems.
Maintain currency in understanding of relevant technologies and subject areas. Identify emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
Typical responsibilities for this role would include:
· Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in civil engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions
· Lead functional analysis to document complex process steps, tasks and their inter-relationships.
· Detect problems in how NexGen IT operations work and create effective solutions to highly complex problems.
· Perform very advanced and complex systematic reviews of selected functions to determine application and design of systems or models.
· Recommend improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization and related matters.
· Generate recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel.
· Develop and update functional or operating manuals outlining established methods of performing work in accordance with organizational policy.
· Ensure specifications and user manuals are organized and cover all essential material.
· Serve as client liaison and coordinate with sub-contractor, government personnel, and technical experts.
· Develop and deliver training and oral presentations, and explain complex material in a clear fashion.
· Provide effective direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
· May review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications.
· Participate in special projects as required.
· Develop, coordinate, and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent, and have 10 to 15 years of related work experience.
· Experience with AF
Budget Analyst and Resource Advisory
· Ability to travel, if required
· Normal demands associated with an office environment.
· Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face
· Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
· The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client may be Secret
· Experience w/ USAF ACES/ IWIMS (Legacy CE systems)
· Use and/or experience with IBM TRIRIGA software suite, especially operations, supply and costs
· ERP/COTS experience preferable in CE systems
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons
' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...