XAP Corporation, the industry leader in developing and providing students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan, and apply to colleges and universities, is seeking a Build/Release Engineer to join their Culver City team. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online.
The Position: Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Build/Release Engineer is responsible for day to day administrative duties to support development, integration, QA and UAT environments for software development project teams.
The Responsibilities: Agile, customer-focused (both internal and external) software development is critical to maintaining XAP's position as a market leader. While not all-inclusive, specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Design, develop and maintain software build scripts and automation tools in a highly
complex and dynamic SDLC process for multiple product lines.
- Provide software build support and ongoing assistance with build activities to ensure timely delivery of testing and production software builds.
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution of highly complex technical issues related to
software build breaks, installation, configuration, database and general environment issues.
- Deployment of database scripts, web site scripts, and web services.
- Identify opportunities, make recommendations, and implement system performance/optimization and enhancements
- Communicate technical issues or project details to Team Manager and Technical teams
- Must utilize the following technologies and concepts:
Visual Studio 2010
VS Test Manager
Education: Bachelor's degree in a computer- related field and/or three (3) years of equivalent work experience.
Experience: The following experience would also be beneficial:
- Working knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of programming techniques.
- Professional work experience in one or more frameworks and languages: Microsoft .Net, C#.Net, VB6.
- Professional work experience in creating software builds, deployment to development, integration, QA, UAT and production environments, creating and maintaining build/deployment scripts, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server/IIS infrastructures.
- Experinece in virtualization playforms such as VMWare, Microsoft RDS/HyperV, etc.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation System (TFS) 2010.
- Experience with building and deploying web sites.
- IIS 6.0/7.0 administration.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to work in development projects employing traditional waterfall as well as iterative methodologies.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, across various functional departments.
Qualities and Attributes: The professional in this role must possess a "can do" customer service-focused demeanor that will contribute to the timely and robust delivery of client solutions and new products. The professional in this role will possess the ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines, and remain flexible. He/she will also possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills and maintain confidentiality, when appropriate. A stable work history and the ability to collaborate effectively, is a must.
Job Type: This is an exempt position.
The Company: XAP is the industry leading Technology Company that develops and provides students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan and apply to colleges and universities. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online. XAP processes more than 4 million electronic college applications, and 1.5 million electronic transcripts annually making it the largest provider of these services in North America. XAP’s products are used by more than 900 colleges and universities and more than 8,000 middle and high schools in the United States and Canada and several other countries around the world.
To learn more about XAP Corporation, please visit our website at www.xap.com.