Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and support for the open source “R” statistical computing language. Our product, Revolution R Enterprise, enables statisticians, scientists and others to create superior predictive models and derive meaning from mission-critical data in record time. Revolution Analytics works closely with the R community to incorporate the latest developments in open source R and with our clients to support their efforts to produce ground-breaking innovations in life sciences, financial services, defense technology and other industries where high-level analytics are crucial to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- We’re looking for a smart, driven, and skilled build and release engineer to play a key role in our high-performance development team. You will have the opportunity to work with a great team on cutting-edge analysis software
- Your job will be to work in an agile software development team environment to deliver high-quality software on time and on budget. This will include the following key activities:
- Build C/C++ and Fortran packages and applications on Linux.
- Debug build failures and work with the engineering team to resolve those failures.
- Help manage Linux build and test infrastructure, including setup and maintenance of automated environment for creating builds and running automated tests
- Debug Linux application errors and library interactions
- 10+ years experience in a Linux build environment, including RHEL and SUSE
- Extensive experience with GCC and Autotools
- Excellent debugging skills with C/C++ on Linux; experience with GDB, analyzing stack traces, core dumps, threading libraries and library conflicts.
- Solid understanding of Linux system libraries
- Experience with Red Hat Package Manager
- Experience with Python, Ruby and Linux shell scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate with data scientists and software engineers
- Strong technical, leadership, and team collaboration skills
- Experience with Linux clusters, Netezza, Teradata, and Hadoop all a plus
- Cross-platform experience with Windows a plus
- Experience building R on Linux a plus
- Experience working with databases a plus
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, leading, advocating and seeing issues and projects through to resolution.
Revolution Analytics - 19 months ago