Posting Title Build native-like usability experience into a remote client About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description The AppBlast team in VMware’s End-User Computing group is looking for strong software engineering graduate to help us turn some really exciting and innovative ideas into reality. AppBlast is a technology that will provide cloud-like remote access to any Windows application from any off-the-shelf browser or device supporting HTML 5. Without requiring client software or browser plugins/extensions, users can seamlessly interact with native Windows applications from a browser running on an iPad, Android tablet, Mac laptop, Linux desktop, or any other device with an HTML 5 browser!
AppBlast is a key part of our EUC platform vision, enabling delivery of all forms of applications from your personal, private or public cloud to any of your end-point devices. Universal access to multiple types of applications from your client devices in a transparent and cross-platform manner is vital to the post-PC era we are entering. Get your content whenever and wherever you need it!
Interns will work directly with some of the most passionate and intelligent engineers in the industry to help solve problems in a completely new technical territory. Under the guidance of an experienced mentor, you will take end-to-end responsibility for developing software solutions utilizing multiple platforms. Technical flexibility is important, so ideal candidates will have broad technical experience in multiple areas, creative problem-solving skills, a love for coding and technology, and a healthy dose of self-motivation. Everybody on the team is highly passionate about their work and we’re looking for similarly motivated “get stuff done” kind of people to join us.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ required
- Strong Windows, Linux or Mac platform development experience required
- Coding skills with at least one scripting language (Python/Perl/vbscript/etc…) desired
- Knowledge of network programming and protocols is a plus
- Experience with graphics subsystems (Windows/MacOS/Linux) a plus
- Exposure to graphics encoding, remoting and/or drivers a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to work under deadlines Location Palo Alto, CA, US Requisition Number 37608BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...