In a team environment, perform assembly of a variety of medical products. Provide support to the production line to keep line running.
- Perform assembly of medical devices as assigned. Perform all aspects of assembly learned through on-the-job training.
- Understand and follow all BSC and GMP procedures required to assemble product to specification. Prepare all necessary documentation, print and inspect labels, check drawing specification, complete log sheets, and maintain clean working area.
- Daily assignment of product builders daily to predetermined visual staffing plan.
- Monitor scrap response and escalate as required.
- Monitor hour by hour management and escalate as required.
- Knowing the production floor schedule to keep line running and adjusting schedule if required.
- Creating, updating, and monitoring standard work and audits and escalating as required.
- Communicate with team members to problem solve and resolve issues.
- Work closely with department supervision to ensure department priorities are met.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required. Assist co-workers with problem solving. Participate in team meetings.
- Must comply with all regulatory requirements and ISO 14001 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
Extensive knowledge in specialized functions. Applies extensive knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a complete understanding of fundamentals in a functional area, and working knowledge of other related disciplines. Utilizes/interprets advanced data to present documentation and analysis and resolve complex problems.
Performs complex or specialized assignments usually in the nature of projects, requiring working independently. May design, develop, or modify area-specific processes or procedures. Assignments require judgment, initiative, creativity and leadership in troubleshooting, suggesting alternatives, and making recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
Minimal supervision. Work may be done without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other support personnel.
Consequence of Errors
Errors are very difficult to detect and would normally require significant expenditures to resolve.
Contacts are frequent with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communication.
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...