Equity Office is an owner and operator of primarily Class A office buildings in multiple markets across the country. The company is an affiliate of the Blackstone Group, a premier global private equity firm. Equity Office is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and has approximately 800 employees nationwide.
Responsible for maintenance and repairs of all building mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Troubleshoot/diagnosis equipment and building system performance and operational issues. Perform installations of new and replacement building mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operate, maintain and repair building equipment and systems as directed by chief and/or senior engineer. Complete installation of new and replacement of existing building mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment.
• Optimize the repair and operation of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Use best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved on the first attempt, in a cost effective manner.
• Respond to service requests in such a manner as to reduce tenant work orders and eliminate recurring problems.
• Use Angus Anywhere to complete tenant work requests, preventative maintenance assignments and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
• Use various productivity enhancing tools, such as Palm Pilots, Blackberry, PDA’s, etc., in the completion of tenant work orders and preventative maintenance tasks.
• Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
• Provide hands-on direction and training for other engineers and maintenance technicians.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to promote resource sharing between Equity Office properties.
• Participate in Equity Office engineering training programs and initiatives, such as TPC, as needed, or as suggested by chief engineer or manager - portfolio engineering.
• Assist in leasing effort, as needed.
• Comply with safety and environmental procedures, specifically hazardous communication programs, lockout – tagout programs, asbestos O & M programs and mold awareness programs.
Five plus years’ relevant experience in modern office building. Two year trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems. Relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license. Strong “hands on” troubleshooting skills in HVAC, electrical and plumbing. Extensive HVAC experience required as position focuses on preventive maintenance of a variety of equipment.
Shift: 6 am - 4:30 pm Tues-Fri week 1 and 6 am - 4:30 pm Wed-Sat week 2
Equity Office offers competitive salaries and a robust benefits program which includes 401(k), comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans, educational assistance, flexible work arrangements and more!
For immediate consideration, please apply online at
Equity Office is committed to a diverse workforce. EOE M/F D/V
Equity Office is an owner and operator of primarily Class A office buildings in multiple markets across the country. The company is an...