Utilizing DFA tractor and trailer, transports raw milk from farm to processing plant or trucking terminal
Duties and Responsibilities:
*Operates a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with DOT and DFA rules, regulations and policies adhering to all safety practices
*Following dispatch schedule and directions from dispatch and location supervisory personnel, travels to location to transport raw milk
*Transfers raw milk from farm containers to trailer
*Takes quality and control samples at farm
*Measures milk loaded into trailer
*Follows designated routes and schedules unless otherwise directed by supervisory personnel
*Takes measures to minimize truck idle times and conserve fuel consumption
*Maintains positive communications with producers, listens for issues or potential problems, reports producers’ comments to transportation and member services management
*Represents DFA positively and professionally at all times during interactions with producers, customers, or regulatory personnel
Licensing and Certification:
*Class A CDL with tanker endorsement.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
*Normal demands associated with commercial truck driving
*Some strenuous work involving lifting, connecting, disconnecting hoses
*Ladder climbing to access top of tank trailers and farm tanks
*Normal exertion associated with hooking and unhooking trucks and trailers.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a current CDL (Class A) in state of residence. Must have, or be able to obtain, a tanker endorsement.
- Must have at least 2 years of tractor/trailer experience to be considered. 2 years of tractor/trailer experience within the last 5 years is preferred.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Must meet all DOT requirements.
- Must be able to work a schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off, with rotating days off.
- DFA will not consider applicants that have more than 1 chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accident within the year preceding the date of application.
- DFA will not consider applicants that have more than 1 conviction for violations of motor vehicle laws (other than violations involving parking only) within the year preceding the date of application.
- DFA will not consider applicants who have incurred a DUI or drug and/or alcohol related convictions during the 7 year period preceding the date of application.
Pay: $17.00/hour - day shift
add .70/hour differential - night shift
Dairy Farmers of America - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard