Looking to join a company with an exciting future and excellent benefits? Be a part of our World Class Organization. Durham School Services , a subsidiary of National Express Corporation , a well known provider of School Bus Services in Canada and North America has an immediate opening for a Fleet Diesel Mechanic at our facility in Grayslake , IL 60030 . Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a commitment to Excellence.
Interested candidates should apply online here: tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp
OR at our facility:
DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES
880 South Rt 83
Grayslake , IL. 60030
Qualified Candidates should have:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time off Policies
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Options
- Direct Deposit
- Dental Insurance & Vision Insurance
- 401 (k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account options
*-* Minimum of three to five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
*-* Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
*-* Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
*-* Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
*-* Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Master Technician
*-* Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Truck Technician
*-* Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
*-* Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
*-* Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
Fleet Diesel Mechanic - Tech I - To diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
1. Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
2. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
4. Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
7. Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
Key Skills In: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Related Military MOS 3529, MOS 3522, 91A, 91B, 91H, 91L, 91M,Services tech.
Please feel free to visit our corporate website at www.nationalexpresscorp.com , our Durham School Services website at www.durhamschoolservices.com for additional information regarding our company.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer
Durham School Services - 20 months ago