BTQ Financial seeks a Business/Financial analyst to join and support a team of accounting and financial professionals in the world of non-profit financial management. The analyst will work with the Client Manager or Deputy Client Manager to provide quality and professional service to our clients by providing financial analysis of operations, development of budgets and forecasts, and accounting and audit support. Analysts should be comfortable interacting with all levels of staff at BTQ as well as our client organizations, have an understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), and have an interest in the non-profit sector. This growth position offers the opportunity to enhance the non-profit accounting and business management skills of the ideal candidate. Creativity and organization are strongly encouraged!
- Coordinate the preparation of the monthly close for assigned clients with accounting staff
- Review monthly financial statements for accuracy and provide feedback to accounting staff on necessary corrections
- Provide actual vs. budget analysis for the P&L Statement; analysis of activity on the Balance Sheet and cash flow analysis to Client Manager/Deputy Client Manager
- Design and review financial reports including dashboards, board reports, and assists with customized monthly and ad-hoc reporting requested by the client
- Assists in developing the annual budget and forecasts throughout the fiscal year
- Provides analysis for government, foundation, and corporate restricted grants
- Support Client Manager/Deputy Client Manager in all aspects of the client engagement
- Provides accounting support on an as needed basis
- Assist with preparing clients’ annual audit and submission of the 990
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Experience: Three plus years of experience and growing responsibility in corporate accounting, public accounting, financial analysis, financial consulting, or management. A passion for issues surrounding public service, social welfare, social justice and/or social entrepreneurship strongly preferred. Experience or familiarity with loan servicing or revolving loan funds is a plus.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Excel; knowledge of MS Office.
- Finance: Knowledge of general finance principles, including forecasting, variance analysis and financial statement analysis. Demonstrated ability to understand financial statements and operations, to partner with financial staff, and to translate financial information for managerial action; able to evaluate client’s often complex financial structures.
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and adverse situations; focused listening skills and the ability to drill down to gain greater understanding. Effectively communicate to financial and non-financial professionals. Write clearly and concisely; present financial data effectively.
- Quality: Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness; seeks to promote and improve the quality of work products and customer service. Comfortable and competent in working with spreadsheets and using technology to improve productivity and effectiveness.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations. Including the ability to manage and control many issues simultaneously, track multiple schedules, and prioritize issues for self and staff.
- Education: BS/BA in Accounting/ Finance/Economics/Business Administration. Graduate degree a plus.