The Information Technology Division of the State Corporation Commission seeks a Business/Systems Analyst to join the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Production Team in providing functional and operational support for the Commission's financial and human resources modules. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting production issues and working with the users and technical team to reach resolution in a timely manner; interacting with users up to the highest level within the Commission to analyze and understand business requirements; supporting requirements analysis and business process reengineering efforts, which may include facilitating group data gathering and decision making sessions; and creating requirements definition documents, technical design documents, and user acceptance testing documents.
Major Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing support to end users in the use of both the Financial Management and Human Resources modules
- Serving as the application administrator, business analyst, and customer support representative for Oracle EBS
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing test plans for functional changes, bug fixes, and critical patches
- Documenting requirements and actively participating in design, configuration and testing of upgrades
- Developing and maintaining features, configurations, set-up documentation and user documentation
- Delivering standard IT documentation associated with support and service delivery
- Following security, change control, and deployment procedures to comply with established departmental standards.
Preferred qualifications for this position include considerable experience in business and systems analysis. Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, troubleshooting, and analytical skills are essential. Applicants must be organized with attention to detail, have a strong customer focus, and have the ability to collaborate and function effectively in a team environment. Familiarity of all phases of project management and the system development life cycle is required. Prior hands-on experience with implementing and administering the Oracle eBusiness Suite, particularly the Financial Management and Human Resources modules is highly desirable. A working knowledge of any of the following is a plus: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Oracle Developer 6i (Forms/Reports), Oracle JDeveloper 9i and Oracle Workflow Builder. Graduation from a four year college or university is highly desirable.
Virginia Jobs - 13 months ago