BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS ANALYST (RE-POSTING)
THIS IS A SPA POSITION, BEING RECRUITED AT THE JOURNEY LEVEL.
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY - FRIDAY, OCCASIONAL NIGHT & WEEKEND WORK REQUIRED.
The Information Technology Department is seeking a candidate for its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) programmer position. This position will work as part of the programming team to support the university's ERP administrative application suite, (Banner). The candidate will work with the HR and Finance modules, participating in the development of technical solutions using programming expertise. The candidate will perform analysis, design, development, maintenance, testing, implementation and documentation activities for projects ranging from medium to large complexity. The successful candidate must be experienced in working with Ellucian Banner HR or Finance modules in a Linux and Oracle environment. PL/SQL and Perl programming are required; Knowledge of Workflow, Banner Document Management, ePrint, AppWorx or Java programming is a plus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for the ERP application suite (Banner) and the correlating ancillary applications.
- Perform system analysis, design, development and unit testing of batch and Web applications using one or more the following technologies: Pro*C, PL/SQL, SQL, APIs, shell scripting, Perl programming, .NET and Java.
- Works with functional areas, Office of Information Technology Services staff, and contracted resources regarding new system implementations and/or system upgrades.
- Create and maintain documentation for analysis, design, development, unit testing, and implementation activities.
- Provide on-call and off-hours support as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned appropriate for a developer.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BACHELOR'S DEGREE WITH NINE CREDIT HOURS IN PROGRAMMING AND ONE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS APPLICATION CONSULTING OR DEVELOPMENT; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in database programming in an Oracle environment using PL/SQL, PERL, and/or Pro C or other comparable programming language.
- Minimum of five (5) years of in in a Linux/Unix environment.
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act Funded:
University of North Carolina - 10 months ago