Critical role supporting strategic analysis, reporting and planning needs of the $480M operations unit of the NTTA. Work with CFO’s office to develop budgets, short and long-range forecasts; create and analyze business metrics and identify cost savings opportunities; deliver economic insight into the relationships between costs and revenues to improve the financial success of the business going forward. Responsible for managing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously varying in size and scope from small, tactical requests, to large, strategic implementations.
This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (Deputy Executive Director) and supports complex business processes and strategic initiatives at the NTTA, including but not limited to:
- Customer service enhancements
- Revenue enhancement and collection
- Technology platform roadmap decisioning
- Product profitability analysis
Responsible for project management related to revenue reporting, financial modeling, ad hoc analysis, business profitability, etc.
Schedules and assigns tasks to staff and consultants. Communicates clear direction and expectations to consultants and monitors consultant’s work for compliance with quality, timeliness and budget requirements.
Assist in improving and automating processes, including continued enhancements to management reporting and enhancing reporting with forward-looking and insightful information;
Participates in the annual planning process. Partner with the CFO’s office in identifying economic impacts of key annual and multi-year initiatives (revenues and cost impacts);
Own and further develop analytics for key drivers of the business: revenue and collection optimization, key business process flows, automation and optimization opportunities across the system;
Assist in providing decision support and strategic insight to the COO and operations department heads;
Help create a cohesive narrative around results, present data in a simple and clear manner, and communicate results to senior management. Support the COO in preparing presentations to the Board of Directors and senior management;
Interact with senior management and key business partners to build business cases for proposed strategic initiatives. The role also requires significant interaction across the organization and the ability to manage organization-wide processes and projects.
Great attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Strong financial acumen and ability to think quickly with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks/assignments and consistently meet deadlines.
Identifies implications of proposed solutions on people, processes, technology, strategy, and structure.
Able to work independently as a hands-on individual contributor, and extract information creatively from a variety of sources.
Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations.
Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. MBA preferred-Strong Finance Background
- BS or BA required (Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Sciences preferred).
- MBA preferred.
Over five years up to and including seven years.
Preferred professional backgrounds include but are not limited to:
Preferred educational backgrounds include but are not limited to:
- Data Analytics and Reporting
- Statistical data analysis
- Operations process analysis/Industrial Engineering
- IT systems design and requirements
- Applied financial and management accounting
Work requires managing and monitoring work performance of consultants including evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, establishing broad organizational goals and realigning work and staffing assignments for the division.
Human Collaboration Skills
Recommendations regarding policy development and implementation are made and/or recommended. Evaluates customer satisfaction, develops cooperative associations, and utilizes resources to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Well-rounded – wide range of interests and an exceptional work ethic
- High Integrity – will be handling sensitive and strategic information and needs to have high standards
- Positive – upbeat outlook on consulting work and career
- Adaptive – varied skill set that can fit into a variety of project situations; mental agility to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Quick-learning – high comfort-level with non-repetitive projects and new challenges
- Results-oriented – exceptional ability to excel in a small organization (e.g., independent, motivated, proactive)
- Quick-thinking – strategic thinking that delivers results
- Flexible – resilient interpersonal talents and poise to manage change
- Collaborative – intuitive team player who can collaborate and communicate
Freedom to Act
Receives Administrative Direction: Within this job, the employee normally performs the duty assignment within broad parameters defined by general organizational requirements and accepted practices. Total end results determine effectiveness of job performance.
Work requires advanced skills and knowledge in approaches and systems, which affect the design and implementation of major programs and/or processes organization-wide. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
Has responsibility for final budgetary recommendations to top executive (i.e. Director, Assistant Executive Director, etc.). Assures that appropriate linkages exist between budget goals, funding limitations and services levels adopted to meet specific department and organizational goals. Monitors progress toward fiscal objectives and adjusts plans as necessary to reach them.
Advanced - Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Advanced - Ability to apply fundamental concepts of theories, work with advanced mathematical operations methods, and functions of real and
complex variables. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Advanced - Ability to write editorials, journals, speeches, manuals, or critiques. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products including Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency with Essbase/Hyperion or other multi-dimensional analytical tools a plus
- Two years of solid experience of budgeting, planning, or operations analysis, preferably in a large operations and technology environment – ideally industry experience in payments, tolling, or a consumer product company is preferred
- A passionate interest in exploring and understanding data and analytics is required, as well as a desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence and attention to details
- An ability to work as a team player as well as to accept substantial individual responsibility and proactively create value for the team
The North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) operates a toll system consisting of about 90 miles of roadway. Facilities include the Dallas North...