Job Title Business Analyst; Media Asset Management and Digital Distribution
Auto req ID
CBS Business Unit
Corporate IT Enterprise Solution Delivery
California - Los Angeles
The Business Analyst will plan, design, assist in the development of, test, and launch efficient business, financial and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects and systems requirements from both a functional and technical perspective. The Senior Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues.
- Understanding and documenting the current business processes, facilitating and documenting the future state business process, conducting the fit/gap analysis, designing and documenting system requirements to support the future state for technical design, builds and documents use cases, conducts tests prior to UAT.
- Conduct reviews of, and analyze business and information technology processes, and prepare essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Evaluate business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Participate in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identify customer requirements, develop test schedules, create and review testing plans, track and document the development and results of these plans.
- Alert management to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncover client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow Modeling and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to, and signed off on at the appropriate stages in a project.
- Provide detailed analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement.
- Identify areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understand the functions provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by current systems.
- Perform detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirement analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplement use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provide UI mock-ups. Lead design discussions and identifies design options.
- Provide user documentation and release notes for system. Create curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- Interact with others in the business and IT organization, at various levels.
- Work with providers of software and hardware products, as well as consulting vendor service providers.
Minimum Education Level
- Minimum of three (3) years of business analysis experience.
- Experience with MediaBeacon or similar DAM/Asset Management/Media Management product.
- Experience in Marketing and/or digital distribution systems.
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum methodologies.
- Solid understanding of technology, specifically relational database models and basic programming control structures
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Concise and thorough communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology
- Strong business acumen
- Very strong relationship building capabilities
- Excellent analytical and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Innovative thinking and vision
- Documented experience with methodology and process related to Business Analysis Educational Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree
CBS Corporate - 16 months ago