The Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between the business side of Schumacher Group and Information Technology. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying business needs/problems of stakeholders and proposing solutions to address such needs/problems. Also, you will be responsible for analyzing and re-engineering business processes, and aligning them with information technology.
- Entails business process re-engineering activities to include process mapping, work activity/procedure diagramming, analysis, and the creation of proposals for improvement
- Identifying and analyzing scenarios to validate business and user requirements
- Organizing business and users requirements into a use case format
- Includes complex systems process analysis, design and simulation
- Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to the current, as well as the future business environment
- Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing processes
- Provides input and supports planning and prioritization for business process engineering related activities, including developing the business unit process engineering plan and integrating that plan with the corporate plan
- Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements
- Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions
- Identifies processes for improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state, designs new processes, develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process
- Provides counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements. This requires a high level of understanding of the organization’s business systems and processes as well as industry-wide requirements.
- Responsible for building positive, proactive relationships with the business areas you engage with and to thoroughly understand their business processes and requirements.
- Work with business areas to understand their business model, business process and drivers, and short and long term strategies in order to make recommendations for process improvements and application solutions.
- Interact with the management team and business area user base to ensure proper alignment of business goals with strategic initiatives.
Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in MIS, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of one year of business systems analysis experience
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Strong experience with process mapping
- Strong skills in understanding and using standard business analysis methodology and tools
- Ability to perform objective analysis and re-engineering of business processes
- Highly competent in analyzing business requirements and translating them into application specifications
- Effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
Healthcare and/or billing experience preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand end-user needs
Schumacher Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -