A top bank in downtown Manhattan is currently looking for Business / Data Analyst to join their team.
This person will be responsible for the timely delivery of high quality data warehouse solution, while
ensuring compliance with company policies.
S/he will be the business expert on the data sourcing solution.
This will be a 6+ month contract that they will be looking to extend or turn full time - please do not apply unless you are interested in something long term.
The rate will be based on experience, but they are looking to pay for a senior consultant.
Would you please find the full job spec below, and if you are interested, please respond to this advert with a copy of your most recent resume and / or call me at (212-707-8501). Also, please do not hesitate to forward this information to any colleagues or friends who may be interested and have the desired skill set.
5-7 years experience desired. S/he should have experience in banking, finance and/or
treasury functions. Experience required with relational data including: Metadata
Management, Source to Target Data Mapping and Defining ETL Rules. Also hands on
experience with SQL required in handling large volumes of data for Data Governance and
doing Data Quality checks like Data Profiling, Data Validation and Data Remediation.
KEY TO THIS POSITION:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED
- · Understanding and demonstrated capability of navigating the Bank's balance sheet.
- · Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects of different scope and complexity simultaneously
- · Knowledge of big picture as well as detailed technical skills
- · A bachelor's degree
- · Strong analytical skills and ability to think out of the box
- · Has financial background or worked on financial or trading systems
- · Excellent interpersonal skills; strong presentation and communication (verbal and written)
our data needs
- · Work with the Business team to understand and document requirements
- · Proactively reach out to source systems to understand their data and be able to articulate
- · Document the data requirements and data mappings of the system
- · Work with source systems to capture nuances in their system and processing
- · Understand current technical architecture to turn business requirements into functional
Skills that would be a plus to have
- · Work with development team to understand requirements
- · Document and execute test plans, cases and scripts
- · Liaison with Enterprise Data Architecture group to define data model
- · Familiarity with Windows, Word, Excel and Access
- · Experience with SQL - ability to run queries
- · Knowledge of metadata, data quality and data profiling desired
(ALM), Liquidity, Basel III, Capital Forecasting, Cash flow analysis, FTP etc
- · IT experience with particular focus in data warehousing, reporting and financial modeling
- · Experience with QRM, BankWare or like tool is desired
- · Understanding of Treasury data needs and reporting for Asset Liability Management
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com
As one of the world’s leading recruitment consultancies, Huxley Associates designs and manages market-leading recruitment solutions...