Risk Technology provides global IT solutions to Market and Trading Book Credit Risk, Regulatory, Operational and Core Credit Risk within RBS Global Banking and Markets division. This includes support of existing systems, small enhancements to those systems as well as larger-scale projects.
This role is to provide technical leadership in the production support for a suite of applications and batch within Market Risk technology. This is a hands on role with minimal people management.
The role reports to the Regional Support Manager
Provide strong technical leadership to reduce system downtime
Gathering, analysis and reporting of operational performance statistics. Status reporting, as required.
Taking initiatives to automate and enhance manual processes
Provide support cover for Risk Technology software and systems, as required.
Lead the investigation and resolution of system problems (including liaison with other system teams over late/incorrect feeds, database or hardware problems).
Liaise with Risk Systems end-users as required to identify, analyse and resolve reported problems.
Ensure systems are ready for business for different business locations.
Set up test environments and run tests in conjunction with Risk Technology project managers and external system and user teams
Amending/updating system configuration (e.g. new feeds, schedules, static data)
Participate in introduction into operation/hand over to support of new risk technology systems and developments, as required by Support Managers.
To be able to work in collaborative environment with other teams across geography.
This role includes shift work (not night shift) and to work on weekends on rotational basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Technical knowledge
• Strong Problem solver
• A minimum of 6 years hands on support
• Familiarity with Autosys batch scheduler
• UNIX/Linux skills (shell/Perl scripts and general command line utilities)
• Sybase/ Oracle PL SQL, stored procedures, debugging
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of Production Support framework ( e.g. ITIL)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering
• Business Knowledge
• Familiarity with investment banking products
• Familiarity with front-to-back office investment banking business functions
• Experience of Risk domain within a major investment bank a distinct advantage
• Technical Knowledge
• Development exposure to C#, Java, Perl, and SQL tuning
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Confidence to liaise with business users and senior business and technology managers
• Self-starting/pro-active approach.
• Strong personal ownership of assignments.
• Ability to resolve conflict and complexity in problem resolution.
"It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.”