Client is seeking an energetic, motivated, hands-on Business Analyst for its Technology Division to oversee Pre-Trade Compliance and Allocation Engine application (AE) and Straight-Through-Processing (STP), to facilitate trading on approximately $1.2 Trillion in assets. The ideal candidate will coordinate all stages of the application development process, including analyzing and documenting complex business and system technical requirements, designing and implementing comprehensive test plans and providing accurate and timely production support to users globally.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Act as a liaison between various business units and developers delivering new software.
- Write technical specifications for complex business needs.
- Solve real time issues within our production environment.
- Work with developers in the testing phase ensuring quality of code; volume testing, script testing as well as testing designed specifically for new software.
- Test new code by simulating the business process in testing environments.
- Provide solutions using supported software as well as making enhancement recommendations.
- Identify root source of the data questioned by investigating the calculation of financial data.
- Validate supporting information using UNIX and SQL.
- Develop and run queries in SQL to satisfy ad hoc data needs by business users.
o Four-year college degree in Information Technology, Accounting or Finance with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
o Minimum of 3 years of business analysis experience in an investment banking environment.
o Comprehensive understanding of fixed income products and strategies, including derivatives.
o Advanced SQL
o Strong research and analytical skills.
o Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with aggressive deadlines.
o Strong verbal and written communication skills.
o Experience with office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
o Experience in compliance operations and trade floor experience preferred.
o Experience with UNIX, .NET, JAVA, C++ is a plus.
o Experience with Bloomberg is a plus.
o Willing to take initiative leading projects to completion.
Go to http://www.cmp.jobs to see more jobs.
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American financial services provider. With more than 2,300 employees operating in 29...