Title: Business Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 6 months
The job holder is responsible for the timely delivery of high quality data warehouse solution, while ensuring compliance with company policies. S/he will be the business expert on the data sourcing solution.
· 10+years of experience desired.
· Gathering and mapping of business requirements for data and working with various teams to get acquire the data.
· S/he should have experience in banking, finance and/or treasury functions.
· Experience working with relational data, gathering data, data feeds and some understanding in data quality, data profiling and metadata.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED
· IT experience in sourcing data from source system into a data warehouse
· A bachelor’s degree
· Strong analytical skills and ability to think out of the box
· Has financial background or worked on financial or trading systems
· Excellent interpersonal skills; strong presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
· Work with the Business team to understand and document requirements
· Proactively reach out to source systems to understand their data and be able to articulate our data needs
· Document the data requirements and data mappings of the system
· Work with source systems to capture nuances in their system and processing environment
· Understand current technical architecture to turn business requirements into functional specifications
· Work with development team to understand requirements
· Document and execute test plans, cases and scripts
· Liaison with Enterprise Data Architecture group to define data model
· Familiarity with Windows, Word, Excel and Access
· Experience with SQL – ability to develop and run queries
· Knowledge of metadata, data quality and data profiling desired
Skills that would be a plus to have
· IT experience with focus in reporting and financial modeling
· Experience with QRM, BankWare or like tool is desired
· Understanding of Treasury data needs and reporting for Asset Liability Management (ALM), Liquidity, Basel III, Capital Forecasting, Cash flow analysis, FTP etc.
send response to firstname.lastname@example.org