Business Analyst - Data Strategy-13009014
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. With over 160 years of providing easier, safer and more rewarding experiences for both consumers and businesses, we are working on our company’s next transformation—integrating our traditional businesses ever more thoroughly into the digital universe, while developing new forms of payment and lifestyle services. We have launched innovative partnerships with Facebook and Foursquare, and our employees continue to help us expand and evolve our product set and refine our delivery and distribution systems. In these ways, we aim to build upon our heritage of innovation, adding to the possibilities our network creates for our customers. Our Risk & Information Management Group forms the backbone of all financial services operations at American Express and has an impact on every aspect of the company globally. Within the organization, our Information Management teams are strategically focused on building global information-based platforms; transforming the way we market information to prospective and current customers through apps, social media, mobile platforms, paid search and SEO; providing robust analytics to develop new digital partnerships and enhance our ecommerce capabilities. If you want to be more than your job, are not afraid of embracing challenges and are passionate about expanding digital capabilities, presence and mind-set within an established, global brand, join our team today! As a Business Analysts, you will be part of a team dedicated to helping American Express leverage digital and offline data to drive innovative solutions to business challenges. You will be challenged with designing winning business strategies based on Big Data capabilities that will elevate American Express to the forefront of the digital revolution.
- Developing high impact digital strategies that leverage Amex’s unique closed loop and Big Data capabilities.
- Recommending the most relevant American Express products/services or merchant offers which can include explicit Cardmember preferences, location, time, click-stream data, and social media data.
- Mine complex digital behavioral data and transform it into actionable information. Specific projects could include optimizing between hundreds of American Express products, services and communications to show the most appropriate ones when Cardmembers visit http://www.amex.com/.
- Intelligently integrating traditional structured data with unstructured data from web and social media.
- Identifying communities within the American Express ecosystem of Cardmembers and Merchants and partner with Marketing teams to devise new marketing strategies.
- Developing new capabilities to better understand card member preferences and forming internal and external partnerships to make best use of these capabilities.
- Interest in solving business challenges and driving bottom line results through structured problem solving.
- The ability to work collaboratively, create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies.
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, PIG/HIVE/Mahout) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining techniques, including regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, SVM (support vector machines); also helpful is familiarity with recommendation systems such as collaborative filtering, k-nearest neighbors, association rules, market basket analysis, SVD (singular value decomposition), and matrix factorization methods. Experience with data visualization a plus. Familiarity with large-scale graph processing, e.g. graph clustering and link prediction algorithms. Knowledge of probabilistic graph models a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cutting edge statistical techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (from academia and/or other industries).
- Experience with SAS a plus.
Job: Customer Infomation Management
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Physical Sciences, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or related quantitative fields.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 8 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...