Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy company. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the
is the world's premier reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its
industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in
New York City
, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide. Guy Carpenter's Corporate IT delivers technology solutions to internal clients through continuous enhancement and delivery of products, platforms, and software applications.
in our Corporate IT department, you will be responsible for understanding business needs, facilitating and documenting business requirements, developing current and future state process diagrams and developing prototypes to facilitate / validate business requirements and documenting use-cases required to support business requirements for application development.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, and workflow needs to develop current state and future state designs of the business.
- Identify, verify and document functional requirements using requirements management methodology and tools.
- Utilizing UML design methodology, capture use-cases for which the application/solution would need to support.
- Translate business strategies and objectives into business requirements; provide traceability of business requirements.
- Analyze, design/redesign, implement, and document business processes.
- Responsible for conducting and analyzing feasibility studies/impact assessments regarding implementation of IT solutions against current state parameters (process, application use-cases, non-functional impact, etc.).
- Ensure that development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Review and ensure that requirements and processes meet established quality standards.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate training materials; supplement materials when necessary.
- Build and maintain business requirements repository.
- Deploy test environment and conduct/facilitate final acceptance tests for solutions with the user community.
- 8+ years experience as a Business Analyst in analyzing business problems and designing successful solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Business Certifications Preferred (i.e. CLU, ARM).
- Strong business process analysis and business requirements gathering skills.
- Experience in use of process modeling tools.
- Ability to document business requirements.
- Stakeholder management and a proven ability to gain consensus and sign off.
- Experience of implementing process efficiencies.
- Understanding the implications of change on the 'Customer Experience'.
- Ability to articulate concepts to business users and technologies.
- Experience in the complete SDLC.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with IT and business users.
- Strong track record in working collaboratively and managing teams.
- Strong (clear and concise) communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills adequate for dealing and communicating clearly with people from all levels of the organization, and with external customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure to support demanding deadlines.
- Good presentation skills and personal credibility adequate to operate effectively at different levels in the organization.
- Experience in project coordination and/or management.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at:
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 15 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...