Responsible for the allocation of merchandise at the sku level across all stores, ensuring presentation standards by store are met based on Buyer’s intent and allocation objectives. Partner with merchandising organization to drive size strategy and execution. Collaborate with (sr.) planning manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan.
• Allocate merchandise at sku level based on the Buyer intent and allocation objectives. Accountable for ensuring stores are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers.
• Develop product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities. Responsible for presenting needs to Merchandise Action Team in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity.
• Collaborate with (sr.) planning manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are purchased to support the assortment plan.
• Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks. Develop recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives.
• Monitors jcp warehouse inventory and flow and recommends appropriate actions to the MAT in order to maximize business objectives.
• Partner with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration.
• Develop / implement strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and / or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment.
• Prepare weekly / monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the (sr.) Planning Manager to review with the MAT.
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
• Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
• Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
• Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
• Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
• Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines.
Additional Information and Disclaimers:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
jcpenney is transforming itself to become “America’s Favorite Store” – contact me at email@example.com if you want to be a part of history.
We are committed to diversity. jcpenney is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.