Business Analyst - Merchandising
This position focuses on capturing and modeling business requirements. They work on moderate to large projects with business partners to study their business processes and to determine which should be automated and/or changed to help business drive down cost, or align the process better with defined corporate objectives. Additional responsibilities include studying and documenting processes to create reusable business function definitions and information flows as well as working with the IS partners to understand application relationships.
- Interact with team members, IS personnel, the user community and others on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification and delivery of business requirements.
- Track and report individual progress, take appropriate action to complete deliverable on time.
- Assist with the initial determination of the feasibility of requests, ensures user requirements are thoroughly and accurately documented in accordance with standard techniques utilized by the IS department.
- Work with user representative(s) to identify acceptance test requirements and ensures appropriate systems training is performed.
- Work with user to set realistic response time and/or deliverable expectations; works with user and help desk to resolve user questions.
- Perform necessary follow up with business partners to ensure new or modified system functionality is performing satisfactorily and requirements have been met.
- Work with Project Manager to participate in a post-project audit to ensure the process is improved for the next project.
- Understand development tools and system architecture sufficiently to communicate technical issues to business partners.
- Help manage the scope and change control of project in coordination with IS management and business partners.
- Ensure appropriate business issues are resolved at the appropriate times during the life cycle of the systems development process.
- Work with business partners to conduct initial system roll-out and user training.
- Capture small to medium scale business domain specific requirements.
- Facilitate discussions with audiences at the Manager and Director level to capture requirements and bring all parties to agreement.
- Articulate issues so they are understood from both a business and technical perspective and propose recommendations on course of action.
- Remain current on business processes and influence change where needed.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Displays initiative and self-motivation.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science (or related field)
- Candidate has 1-5 years of Business Analysis experience.
- Ability to find requirements, capture methods that work best based on the project and the audience.
Kohl's Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Kohl’s Corporation (Kohl’s) operates family-oriented, department stores that sells apparel, footwear and accessories for women,...