Accountable for management and administration of the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) department database systems. These systems support the company’s compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations and support the reduction of workplace incidents. Responsible for enhancements to the company’s safety performance programs by compiling and analyzing both lagging and leading safety performance indicator data. Responsible for improvements of existing programs (OSHA recordkeeping, DriveCam motor vehicle safety, Incident reporting and investigation, etc.) and optimization of those programs through quality administration and analysis.
Accountable for enhancement of existing safety related databases and safety performance programs. Accountable for development and implementation of process improvements and safety performance management tools/best practice programs. Works as a liaison between the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) department and other AGLR departments to ensure compliance with OSHA and DOT recordkeeping standards and internal reporting requirements. Works closely with company leadership to monitor daily safety compliance-related activities.
- Maintain a database repository of safety related incident data including work related injuries, collisions, and property damage events.
- Ensure safety related incidents are reported per company policy by tracking and reviewing safety incident reports.
- Track and document occupational injuries for the purpose of maintaining OSHA 300 Logs.
- Review and analyze data related to On-Job Injuries (OJI) and Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA) to identify trends, corrective actions and best practices.
- Review and analyze DriveCam data to identify trends and best practices.
- Maintain a database system and report on exceptions for safety related data such as audiometric and respiratory test data and commercial motor vehicle driver data.
- Report on safety performance metrics to business owners on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Develop timely reports and dynamic presentations for executives, managers and end users.
- Provide weekly and monthly analytical reports to business owners on the safety performance of their departments. Conduct presentations with business owners to communicate trends/results.
- Serve as a Project Manager and EHS representative for an initiative to improve the corporate safety performance management system.
- Serve as a Program Manager and Administrator for the corporate safe driving program (DriveCam).
- Participate and add value to various safety related project teams and committees.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Or
- Equivalent academic education and experience
- 2+ Years using data and statistical analysis and/or computer science
AGLR Success Factors:
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to influence and persuade in decision making
- Presentation skills – ability to present data in a concise and convincing manner
- MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, LiveMeeting, Project) - advanced proficiency
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Executing & Driving Results
- Collaboration and Building Relationships
- Learning and Thinking
- Industry Knowledge/Business Acumen
- Honoring Corporate Values & Standards
- Position typically works in an office environment
- Local weekly travel
- Occasional overnight travel
- Keyboarding required in approx 60% - 80% of daily tasks
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...