Currently the fourth largest producer of natural gas in the continental United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 3 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached nearly 700 MMcf at year-end 2013. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, East Texas, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin and Niobrara formation, and New Brunswick, Canada.
Southwestern Energy is seeking experienced Oracle Applications Business Analyst with focus and expertise in E-Business Suite to join the Finance support team. The qualified candidate will have 7 to 10 years of hands on experience in implementation and support with Oracle EBS Financials. The individual will provide day-to-day production support using industry best practices. He or she will work with team to enable the continuous improvement of SWN’s Oracle EBS platform to meet business objective. The proven functional professional must have R12 implementation and support experience in all of the following Oracle Financial modules: General Ledger, SLA, EbTax, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, i-Expense, Cash Management and Project Costing.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management, Information Systems or related discipline
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Oracle Financials Modules
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Functional expertise in Oracle E-Business Suite Financials Modules with 7 to 10 years of hands-on experience including R12 implementations, upgrades and support
- Solid knowledge in Accounting and Business Financial Cycles
- Good understanding of integration points between Purchasing, Accounts Payables, Projects, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables and General Ledger.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL
- Solid understanding of Oracle EBS Database/Table structure to enable effective data analysis, troubleshooting and report design
- Experience with Oracle System Administration, Workflow, Data Loader, Data conversion and 3rd party system integration with Oracle EBS
- Strong written and oral communications skills with technical and non-technical users
- Good documentation skills to support analysis, functional design and configuration for all aspects of EBS financial modules
- Familiarity with Oracle AIM methodology
- Oil & Gas Industry knowledge
- P2 Solution integration with EBS
- Experience implementing/supporting Oracle Projects and Fixed Assets Modules a plus
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
- Identify and implement solutions for day-to-day production support issues.
- Conduct Requirements Gathering
- Perform functional and gap analysis
- Develop and document functional design
- Perform module setup and configuration
- Develop test plan and perform functional testing
- Facilitate discussion of issue resolution across functional business units
- Provide scoping and estimation input to resource manager/team lead
- Mentoring and training of business users
- Contribute to development of application roadmap and improvement initiatives