Develops and manages the functional design requirements that enable company to develop technology solutions to meet business challenges. Partners with our clients to increase their competitive advantage by understanding their business challenges and opportunities and proposing high-quality solutions through technology. Conducts research and analysis of business requirements and system functionality to develop or modify systems, products, programs, and processes that support objectives and needs of the organization. Designs and documents tools and processes that optimize available technology to enhance efficiency. Implement new and modified systems, products, programs and processes.
Accomplishes this by:
• Elicitation and validation of functional requirements
• An ability to identify root causes of problems and bring them to a successful resolution
• Assessment and validation of solutions
• Documentation/communication of requirements
• Communication of system tables
• Quality check of requirement following production deployment
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or other related field.
• Four (4) to Six (6) years of business analysis experience.
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) a bonus.
• Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of Dragon Designer a plus.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of analytical processes, best practices and industry business analysis, development and design standards.
• Must possess solid communication skills (both verbal and written), high integrity, a customer focused attitude as well as a well-rounded interpersonal style.
• Ability to apply change management techniques with regard to applications.
• Identify and document job processes and problems using structured, analytical skills. Identify, document, and facilitate resolution off functional system errors -including defining, determining the cause, formulating the solution(s) and making recommendations to address the error.
• Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
• Analytical Thinking/Decision Making - Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
• Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business.
• Customer Service - Ability to understand customer needs and expectations, provide excellent service in direct and indirect manner, and fulfill customer expectations.
• Innovation - Improve processes and performance by taking a novel approach to how work is done, or problems approached within the organization.
• Relationship Building - Initiates, develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization..
• Drive for Results - Continuously focused on achieving/exceeding goals and objectives. Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard to achieve them.
• JAD - Knowledge of formal methodologies, disciplines, practices and deliverables for Joint Application Development.
• Business Process Modeling - Knowledge of activities, tasks, deliverables and techniques for documenting current business processes, analyzing to identify problems and opportunities, and re-engineering the processes for improvement.
• Emerging Technologies - Knowledge of emerging technologies (systems that are new to the organization as well as those that are new to the information systems industry).
• Technical Writing/Documentation - Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
• Workflow Analysis - Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and tools associated with analysis of a variety of work processes and associated document and information flow.
• Problem Management - Knowledge of the process, tools, and ability to identify root causes of problems and bring them to a successful resolution.
• Business Assessment - Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
• Product and Vendor Evaluation - Knowledge of process for evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components in line with organization’s business needs and architectural principles.