Systemware Professional Services delivers innovative technology services to companies that are leaders in their industries. Our consulting team helps turn a business vision into reality.
We are hiring technology consultants with the following skillset to work with us on an important client project:
Business Analyst II
The Business Analyst (BA) is engaged primarily in gathering and analyzing requirements and producing requirements specifications. The primary focus is to analyze business needs and translate business requirements and programming specifications in a form that can easily be understood by all audiences. As a member of the project team, the BA is responsible for serving as an active contributor in internal and customer scope and design sessions by capturing and documenting requirements and action items. BA also documents requirements for both internal and external solutions and collaborates with development leads on completing the technical design.
The Business Analyst II is able to work independently, managing requirements and business design execution related to projects of low to moderate complexity. Incumbents at this level collaborate with the Senior/Lead Business Analysts, Product Managers, and project teams. Business Analyst II is able to participate in requirements and business design activities on projects with some direction from their manager, team lead or Product/Project Manager. Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements and Business Design Execution:
Requirements Validation and Management:
- Adhere to requirements processes on client engagements and product development initiatives.
- Contribute to requirements gathering and design planning through collaboration with Senior/Lead Business Analysts.
- Prepare collateral materials for requirements gathering sessions.
- Intermediate ability to define business problem and scope and decompose various types of requirements.
- Gather requirements and define the business need and desired outcome that stakeholders are looking to achieve.
- Capture, classify, and prioritize business, functional, and non-functional requirements.
- Intermediate ability to create detailed requirements specifications and use case documents.
- Intermediate ability to analyze and model requirements through the use of process flows, data flows, and use case diagrams.
- Create functional solution design and collaborating with SME's and technical lead on identifying and designing the solution.
- Participate in the review and validation of requirements with stakeholders to obtain requirements approval and sign off.
Process Adherence Definition:
- Contribute to establishing a requirements baseline and managing requirements change in the course of the project.
- Establish and manage requirements traceability to other project activities such as design, development, and testing.
- Provide support for Quality Assurance teams regarding solution testing and validation.
- Follow established standards and procedures for gathering requirements, completing design, and managing change.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and contribute to process improvement efforts with cross functional teams to resolve process issues.
- Consistently execute established requirements and design processes are consistently executed on projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of client's value chain (Customer, Revenue, People, Process, Product) through actions and accomplishments.
Demonstrated skills in the areas of:
- Intermediate experience in requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation.
- Intermediate experience in the interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical systems design.
- Experience in the appropriate financial services capacities, such as teller, lending operations, or sales operations.
- Experience with software conversions or implementations in a banking environment.
- Understanding of methodologies and programming concepts related to C#, Java, .Net programming, understanding of data base constructs, workflow, and decision engines. Prior experience as a programmer or a computer science degree preferred.
- Good understanding of financial controls and corporate governance.
- Customer facing skills.
- Leadership and influence ability.
- Critical thinking.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Collaboration and team work.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal business communication skills with the ability to produce and interpret design specifications and technical documentation.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- 2-4 years related work experience required with 2+ years of banking experience preferred.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. (Systemware PS does not subcontract) Out-of-town candidates must be willing to pay their own relocation and interview costs. No third party calls please.
- A Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university with major coursework in a related field is required for the position.
If you are looking to advance your career, applying for a job with Systemware PS is a smart move. Systemware PS is committed to long-term growth by building relationships with the most innovative, talented IT professionals. Contact us at 972-239-0200 to discuss your career goals so we can take the next step together.
Systemware and Systemware Professional Services are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/D/V).