Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Amortization Team provides service to various work streams in the Controllers organization, and performs the validation of monthly accounting results related to cost-basis amortization for Whole Loans, Securities and certain G-Fee items. This person would work with a team of financial analysts & business analysts to analyze monthly amortization results and lead the team on implementation of new end-to-end accounting platform.
Additionally, examine financial asset, real asset, and inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typical industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Work on end-to-end accounting platform with minimal supervision, providing subject matter expertise on amortization and coordinate with the team to meet all demands and complete deliverables.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Lead or consult on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to track trends. May consolidate work done by other analysts into final tables or report and present to management.
- Develop/prepare/continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit, product line, and client group or market segment. Report monthly actual performance against forecast and develop analysis for variances.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users within the company, including data validation. Coordinate development of data files, validation in the acceptance phase, and migration of the data requirements to the production.
- Play a technical or project lead role on specific analytical projects; provide guidance to other analysts on the team; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5 years of related experience
- Understanding of database tables (required) and familiarity with Securities & mortgage business knowledge and related data (preferred).
- Strong SQL skills and ability to work with relational databases.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to Senior Management.
- Understanding of database tables (required) and familiarity with mortgage business knowledge and loan data (preferred).
- Flexibility to work additional hours on an as needed basis to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity, change and complexity.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...