Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Business Analyst will provide End-User Operational Support for an enterprise wide tool used for project execution. In this role user will be interacting with the actual application end users and helping them in the usage of the tool. Business Analyst will gather, document, and most importantly, analyze application and reporting requirements, conduct application analysis, participate in functional application design, create and analyze ad-hoc report/user-interface and aid in the escalation/resolution of project risks and issues
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages the support mailbox responding to end user queries. Coordinates support with technical team.
- Conducts follow-ups on problems raised by end users through a ticket resolution process. Drive root-cause analysis of Problems, and shepherds their resolution.
- Identify common themes in reported production issues and improve processes.
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- Primary focus of position will be end user support with some data analysis and requirements gathering. This position is not a technical end user support role; but supports the end users from a business perspective.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Prior experience using Business Objects in creating and executing adhoc reports
- Strong SQL experience required
- Excellent Communication & Presentation skills required
- Post-Production Training experience required
- Experience performing End-User Business Support
- Strong requirements gathering and reporting skills
- Experience with requirements management tools like DOORS, Requisite Pro
- Experience in requirements gathering/analysis for COTS tool like HP Project Portfolio Management
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 21 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...