Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The individual in this position will work on Fannie Mae's implementation of certain programs under the U.S. Department of the Treasury's ("Treasury") Making Home Affordable initiative. U.S. citizenship is required by Treasury for such individual, as is execution of a nondisclosure agreement and compliance with other Fannie Mae requirements per Treasury's guidelines.
Support MHA internal and external teams with all levels of reporting and data analysis. Analyze requests as they are assigned and interact with management, peers, and other teams to obtain data requirements and objectives. Manage all aspects of requests, including ad-hoc reporting, requirement writing, testing, code development, automation, and assistance with implementation and support to all development efforts.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creates operational reporting primarily using SQL (Oracle), SAS and/or Business Objects. Implement and support daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Works with other analysts on the team to assist with solution specifications, report development, and code review/testing activities.
- Gather data from business units for the purpose of creating reports, implementing enhancements, resolving defects and supporting new initiatives. Create business requirements to support the project.
- Create solution specs to support the project and downstream analysis and validation. Effectively communicate with management to provide updates on project status.
- Work with the other project teams and participants to ensure all necessary documents and development efforts are completed in a timely manner.
- Design test scenarios and ensure the test cases trace back to the original business and technical requirements. Execute test cases for both unit and system test scenarios. Provide support to external testing and validation teams, as required.
- Manage prioritization of projects and/or deliverables based on management's expectations. Follow through with each project to ensure projects are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Advanced SQL skills to work with relational databases and to perform simple to complex data analysis is required.
- SAS coding (PROC SQL against Oracle databases, PROC Report, PROC Tabulate, Excel, Tagsets, ODS report output, PC SAS and UNIX SAS) preferred.
- Proficiency in Business Objects report creation and experience with Tableau development preferred.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and experience with LOE assessments, documenting requirements and performing data mapping analysis.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed. Will work in a team environment to achieve individual objectives and organizational results. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and perform under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Mortgage industry or financial background preferred.
- Prior experience in analytical or reporting environment preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 19 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...