This person will:
- Focus on the Problem Management discipline within the IT organization.
- Develop or enhance the IT Systems Reliability Strategy promoting the team and vision to the rest of the corporation.
- Define best in class practices using ITIL as a framework.
- Work on varying size of enterprise-wide engagements
- Feel comfortable meeting with various levels of management to promote consistency of the governance role across the organization.
- Provide leadership, training and guidance to business analysts and project managers throughout the company.
1. Functions in a consultative role to provide expertise in tools, process and best practices. Has a broad knowledge base of industry trends and innovations, process/methodology improvement and documentation.
2. Is a persuasive communicator, has excellent facilitation and presentation techniques and is comfortable presenting to all levels of management. Balanced presentation of ideas and information to large audiences. Maintains respectful dialogue in challenging situations. Provides context to decisions by communicating the bigger picture. Effectively collaborates and influences leadership across the IT organization. Uses diplomacy and tact. Is able to understand disparate perspectives, find common points of agreement, and navigate past road blocks. Leverages resources and social networks to reach into the organization for exchange of ideas or to seek input.
3. Broad base of knowledge within the role as well as the greater organization that acts in a consultative role (Enterprise Analysis). Ability to understand broad impacts and can make/implement recommendations on solutions while mitigating risks. Coordinate and lead tasks across multiple programs/projects including competitive analysis, feasibility studies and business cases. Works independently and with minimal guidance from management to plan, resource and execute against goals and plans. Exercises solid independent judgment and decision making abilities.
4. Drives the need and executes upon approval of productivity and process improvements with leadership. Inspires and influences team members to achieve goals. Ability to direct the work of others, providing performance coaching, feedback and training activities to team members. Can identify training needs within the team and recommends solutions. Able to educate stakeholders outside the team on processes and achieve shared mindset/alignment. Able to act as a mentor to other team members and provide productive feedback. Has the ability to lead broad training initiatives beyond the team.
5. Largely responsible for coordinating with management and developing the strategic vision for the team. Heavily involved in the industry to monitor trends and incorporate them where applicable. Ability to understand, align and articulate the organizational strategy and vision and how that relates to the change. Highly skilled in understanding the big picture. Drives solutions to close gaps and mitigate risks. Called on by outside groups as an expert.
6. Job specific duties
- 8-12 years of experience with a Bachelor¿s degree in related discipline preferred or 14-18 years without
- 6-10 years of experience with a Master¿s degree
- 6-10 years of varying IT experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a team lead or management role
- Enterprise analysis, strategy and vision planning
- Demonstrated ability to lead program-level engagements, feasibility studies, competitive analysis and business cases
- Excellent analytical approach to contribute to a tem tasked with solving complex problems in a complex, large-scale, and multi-data center environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and train
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan
- Assess, define, negotiate and document engagement scope
- Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate large cross functional meetings
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
Express Scripts - 23 months ago
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.