As a Business Analyst with financial background, you will serve as liaison between IT and business end-users. Work with the business to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to technology applications. Work with the Technical Analyst and development team to ensure that they understand and agree with the solution and the specifications documented for that solution. Conduct business process modeling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team. Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical background with 2 years of experience, preferably in a brokerage or financial services environment.
- You will be responsible to assess business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conduct research to determine and document technical solutions that meet the business defined requirements. Also to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Assist Quality Management team to ensure that your functional documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed. Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
- Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team.
- Work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
Bachelor's degree or 2+ years analytical work experience
Minimum 1+ years work experience in Information Technology
Minimum 1+ years experience in understanding of business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
Minimum 6+ months programming experience (including internship, co-ops, work study programs or independent research projects)
Awareness of the business and IT strategy
Programming experience on a mainframe
Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
Line of Business experience a plus
Experience writing test scenarios