This position will be responsible for systems implementation, communications between the business and IT communities, defining and documenting requirements, systems testing, internal & external support and issue management and resolution. This position reports to a Director level role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of a designed solution including documentation, preparation, testing, training, deployment and support.
Will participate in solution design and manage requirements through the technical groups.
Responsible for defining and documenting project and user requirements.
Analysis and documentation of the requirements must be thorough, inclusive of both the operational requirements and detailed explanation of how the system should work.
Documentation must be written so that it can be understood by any perspective reader.
Documentation must be maintained and updated.
Responsible for being job specific system expert in the department and to the user base.
Be able to evaluate job specific system process and functionality and make recommendations for improvements to the solution.
Ability to define, find root cause and resolve system issues.
Upon identification, produce the appropriate documentation defining the issue, root cause, priority and requirements for resolution.
Manage issue through resolution.
Ability to train non-experienced and experienced end-users on system usage, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to analyze and clearly articulate possible solutions. Review environment with a clear understanding of both operations and systems to identify areas of improvement.
- Must understand the technologies, solutions and development options available for the solution. Manager will be used as a decision maker on solution design and implementation.
- Ability to establish a deep knowledge and understanding of the job specific system(s), both tier 1 & tier 2.
- Will be utilized as knowledge expert on the application for existing processes and needed improvements.
- Ability to reinforce correct processes with the job specific system(s) to the users with explanations of why it is necessary.
- Ability to manage deliverables of a project or manage a small project holistically.
- Ability to utilize proven project management methodologies to engage and interact with all necessary participants.
- Ability to move the project forward and get the necessary reviews and approvals to continue progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Key aspect of the position is the ability to document accurately and holistically.
- Communications must be clear to all audience members and provide opportunity for feedback concerning the content.
- Ability to manage customer support issues through completion.
- Understanding of customer support methods and a sense of ownership for resolving the issues.
- Basic understanding of computing technologies including PC usage, windows, printing configuration, application configuration settings and productivity software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Develop an understanding of the networking technologies utilized and how they can be leveraged in solutions.
- A good understanding of the EDI technologies, data mapping and data flow.
- 3+ years software solution design and implementation
- 3+ years project management
- 3+ years customer support
- 3+ years industry experience 3 rd party logistics, warehousing and/or transportation a plus
- Job Specific System(s) experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Requires up to 35% travel based on business requirements
NFI Industries - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -