The Business Analytics/Cognos Developer will support the agency
's ability to collect, manage, and visualize large amounts of data to influence decision-making at all levels of the agency. This requires the candidate to interact with users and work with a team to develop business analytics solutions that present analytics and data from a data warehouse. The candidate must be able to develop rich internet application components that enable users to interact with complex data sets, process and ingest data, and use business intelligence tools to generate interactive reports. Experience with Cognos, SQL, Oracle, HTML, data modeling, and data warehouse design and development, and web development are necessary for success in this activity. A willingness to quickly learn and apply new technologies is highly desired.
· A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-8 years in business analytics and data warehousing solutions.
· Ability to communicate with a non-technical user community to elicit requirements for the development of new capabilities.
· Ability to understand, model, collect, and manipulate large, complex data.
· Ability to design data warehouse and star schema solutions.
· Data modeling knowledge and experience.
· Must possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to design and develop business analytics reporting solutions using the Cognos suite, including: Framework Manager, Query Studio, Report Studio, and other Cognos solutions.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) techniques and technologies.
World IT Solutions - 13 months ago