The Business Architect actively works to align, illustrate, and communicate UHC business processes and value chains in terms of people, processes, information, and technical capabilities. This position works with business domain experts to capture current state business processes, as well as applying company strategic goals and objectives in determining and documenting future state process through the creation and maintenance of current and future business roadmaps. |
This position is ideally located in one of our Rocky Hill, CT; Edina, MN; Basking Ridge, NJ or Cypress, CA offices and which will require approximately 30% - 40% travel. We will also consider a telecommuter with exceptional Business Architecture skills and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducts stakeholder interviews and workshops, documenting business processes within functional domains and across value chains for current state and future state processes within organization, information, and process models
- Responsible for partnering or influencing business leadership without direct authority
- Elicits business needs and builds a trusted advisor relationship with business leaders to provide coaching and guidance on roadmap options based on understanding of industry trends and customer expectations
- Quickly and effectively understands business issues and challenges and translates them into roadmap requirements and objectives
- Works with internal or external business constituents to document strategic process changes and future functional capabilities supporting strategic roadmaps
- Serves as an integral member of the team that helps develop a consolidated business roadmap to help ensure that resources, interdependencies and business priorities are effectively aligned
- Defines the set of concepts, processes, and services that comprise the enterprise's value chain and operations
- Works with the UHG IT Enterprise Strategic Planning team to integrate UHC business process, information, and organizational components into UHG enterprise models
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and workplace savvy
- Ability to see the big picture before getting into the minor details
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- 3+ years experience with demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and predict outcomes of existing business processes, current technology solutions and anticipate the outcomes of introducing change to existing process designs
- 3+ years experience modeling business processes using industry standard modeling tools and practices
- Management Consulting or Business Architecture team lead role
- Experience with conducting business process improvement/optimization/reengineering efforts
- Experience leading live and virtual workshops to capture business processes in near real-time fashion, with fast turn-around for business review
- Extensive experience driving initiatives with operations teams
- Experience in managing relationships with Sr. Executive stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years experience in the healthcare industry
- Ideal candidates have Six Sigma or Lean experience
- Experience leading live and virtual JAD workshops
- Management consulting
- BPM team leadership
- Conducted BPM optimazation
- Solid Business Analysis experience
- Experience modeling business processes using Business Process Modeling Notation language
- Big 4 or Professional Services Consulting for the Healthcare Industry
- Graduate Degree
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 16 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...