25 year old small business focusing on a fast growth track, Information International Associates, Inc. (IIa) specializes in Information Management (IM), Information Technology (IT) and Data Exploitation (DE). We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated business builder with demonstrated success and a strong network in Energy and the Environment. Company’s current major agency clients include the Department of Energy, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, EPA, Army, Air Force, Education, and the Intelligence Community. This position will be filled by a high energy professional who is knowledgeable of one or more of these agencies or has a plan ready to penetrate a market not on the list.
The ideal and successful candidate will use his/her network of existing contacts, knowledge of trends in the industry, and experience with targeted agencies to identify, qualify, and capture significant new business. The candidate must have demonstrated experience and success in identifying, pursuing, and capturing competitive opportunities valued in excess of $25M TCV.
Responsibilities focus on new business and expanding existing service offerings. It includes marketing and capturing new business, developing and executing an account plan(s), and supporting overall corporate business development initiatives.
In a small business environment, responsibilities also include contributing to the full spectrum of business development activities including the preparations of proposals, recommending strategic partnerships and planning for financial success of contracts. The successful candidate will be an integral part of corporate strategic planning for the company’s future development, and will be a member of the Executive Team.
The Business Builder is a Senior position reporting to the CEO.
- Demonstrated success in capturing in excess of $25M TCV in new competitive awards in either or both the corporate current markets or the corporate current service offerings
- Minimum of 12 years of experience with at least 5 in BD in the Federal government market.
- Strategic relationships in one or more proposed targeted Federal agencies
- High energy approach with the ability to self-motivate, and develop creative approaches to the business building challenge
- Experience in developing teams to pursue opportunities, including both large and small partners
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills, appropriate for executive level briefings, discussions, and negotiations
- Operating management experience and experienced in managing P&L are pluses.
- Experience as a federal employee a plus but not a requirement
- Must be able to pass a background check
This is a full time position located in greater Washington DC area with a possible option of being located in our HQ office in Oak Ridge TN.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.