Business Development - Public Sector (Jan San)
This position is responsible for achieving key growth metrics and positioning LaGasse as the industry leader in supporting Public Sector distributors. Driving higher sales growth will require the development of unique and valuable support services to position the resellers for success.
- Responsible for the development and growth of Public Sector sales beginning in 2012
- Develop and execute on multi-year Public Sector management group (PSMG) strategy to achieve company sales growth target by initially focusing on targeted opportunities (Federal, State/Local, Federal Contractor) within the LaGasse division
- Align growth strategy with key market-trends -- including U.S. Communities (joint-powers), federal strategic sourcing/ consolidation of awards, to position LaGasse for long-term success.
- Communicate effectively through developing and delivering compelling presentation to key stakeholders to obtain alignment and buy-in.
- Maintain relationships across the country with sales representatives (AM’s) and qualified independent distributors that are engaged in formal growth activities. Incorporate previous industry, commercial, and customer/selling experience into the PSMG manager role to support improved strategy and enhanced problem solving output.
- Drive new sector goals focusing on both Activity Measures (i.e., # of bids engaged on, geographic representation of members, marketing mailings, etc..) and Impact Measures (i.e., grow sales $100M) – to ensure appropriate sector design and execution is achieved.
- Understand sector challenges to develop solutions to support growth including: Leveraging a competency center model Understanding compliance barriers Assessing commercial perception concerns to minimize industry noise
- Develop trusting relationships with resellers that lead to a mutually beneficial solution based on mutual goals.
- Understand the complexity of set-aside award process including: Counter-Sourcing, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the general process on how to compete and win in this complicated environment.
- Collaborate with the key department managers to drive a cohesive program that considers the following departments: Sales Marketing Merchandising Pricing Customer Care Operations/Transportations Orbit.Point
- Attend industry events to engage key stakeholder
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills in order to discuss complicated concepts and influence key stakeholders.
- Analytical ability with a process-driven perspective.
- Ability to work with limited preexisting guidance (aka: road-map).
- Strong MS Software (Excel, Power-point, Word) skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Three years of office supply industry/commercial experience.
- Five years successful selling experience.
- Prior experience in public sector/set-aside/FAR preferred.
United Stationers - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...