Horizon Lines, Inc
Horizon Lines, Inc. is one of the nation's leading domestic ocean shipping companies and the only ocean cargo carrier serving all three noncontiguous domestic markets of Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico from the continental United States. The company maintains a fleet of 14 fully Jones Act qualified vessels and operates five port terminals in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Analyst for our Charlotte, NC office. This key position will be r
esponsible for analysis and financial modeling in support of corporate business development and profit improvement initiatives.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Conduct data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Build financial models and worksheets
- Perform financial analyses requiring cross-departmental coordination
- Perform financial and economic research and analyze issues related to specific financial metrics
- Compile and/or prepare reports, graphs, charts and presentations of data
- Recommend changes to analytical methods or procedures
- Participate in developing strategic and operational recommendations
- Participate in due diligence execution on target opportunities
For consideration send your resume to
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required. Engineering degree considered if coupled with financial work experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years financial analysis and modeling experience; experience in transportation industry a plus. Proficient in financial analysis and modeling.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel a must
- Financial modeling experience in support of an investment, profit improvement or transactional role
- Astute analytical and financial capabilities
- Team player with ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative manner
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to transition complex information into a simplified form
- Detail oriented, analytical, and ability to work with others in a fast paced environment
- Skilled in data mining and research
Self Opportunity - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -