The Business Development Associate position, located in Lafayette, Atlanta or North Carolina, shall on a daily basis, identify new business opportunities for the VP Business Development through frequent calls, letters and emails as well as extensive documentation in Customer Relations Management system (Saleforce.com). Associate will conduct research of competitor websites to identify business development opportunities in the Emergency Medicine industry. Associate will develop rapport with proper contact in target facilities. Associate will work closely with VP Business Development from initial introduction to assisting with gathering information, through the proposal process with ultimate goal of obtaining new business with a signed contract.
- Access administrators through cold calling & referrals
- Conduct research daily on websites that would identify an opportunity for SG to serve a new client, i.e. lead generation
- Maintain files on marketed facility candidates and update database (Salesforce) accordingly
- Develop on a daily basis business relationships with urban, rural, community and system facilities
- Obtain hospital information sheets from facility for submission to Vice President
- Review hospital information sheets and acquire any additional information from the facility to complete our information sheet prior to submission for final approval
- Conduct follow-up calls with administrators regarding facility needs including but not limited to scheduling appointments, hospital information sheets, etc.
- Assist, as needed, in coordination of meetings for Vice President Business Development, Regional Medical Officers and/or hospital facilities
- Follow-up continuously to keep active schedule for Vice President Business Development Communicate to Vice President all necessary information for meetings/conference calls
- Develop plan with Vice President to give SG the edge from initial contact through the final presentation process by obtaining local information of each facility
- Attend, as needed, tradeshows throughout the year, and follow up with leads from show
- Assist Vice President when needed in obtaining additional paperwork, signatures, etc.
- Obtain physician rates for marketing proposals as assigned by Director
- Additional projects as assigned
- High school graduate
- College Degree strongly preferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Schumacher Group - 18 months ago