- Leverages market research to intelligently focus pursuit time, resources and effort on winnable opportunities.
- Rigorously qualifies large opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the intelligent allocation of HP’s resources
- Develops client relationships and interest over the span of lengthy large deal cycles and continually builds & reinforces client’s perception of HP as a credible partner through active persuasion and education
- Consultatively & proactively positions HP early in deals to influence client strategy and shape deal Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements towards HP’s strengths. Move towards Sole Source.
- Develops and champions the business justification for HP services to ensure a successful engagement based on critical case review
- Actively educates & engages with others External Active Monitoring (EAM)s, Corporate Business Manager (CBM)s, Account team, Engagement Managers, Solution Architects, etc.) on HP Services (HPS) business solutions, deal requirements & challenges to facilitate effective RFP/Requests for Information (RFI) responses, successful closes and client satisfaction
- Crafts pursuit strategies that masterfully guide account team pursuit activities across often lengthy sales cycles
- Leads and manages a virtual team across the geographic area to drive the business development activities and report on a regular basis the progress on growth.
- Acts as lead for coaching/mentoring
- Assigned to develop one or more business areas with target revenue growth ~ >$50M (sizing numbers may vary by business measures & geographies)
- Frequently participates in representing the organization to other businesses within HP and to external customers/clients.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Drives executive engagement for HP’s capabilities and lays the groundwork for commitment and planning
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Typically 10+ years in the Services Industry and 3+ years in developing new business opportunities with clients, preferably with the CxO level
- Advanced University degree preferable
§ Market research & analysis
- Advanced Opportunity Prospecting –
§ Pursuit strategy planning/building
§ Client executive engagement
& interest generation
§ Qualification & development of new Opportunities – large deal Due diligence skills, positioning and deal-shaping
- Sales and Opportunity Building
§ Deal Advancement – Business case development, Consultative sales support
§ Custom Services Education
– Client awareness creation, large Account Team influencing and enlistment
§ Ensure we have HP Solution and Industry alignment
§ Capabilities of HP’s partners (range and type)
§ Consultative selling (analysis, solution selling, relationship building)
§ HP Sales knowledge
§ Strong leadership skills
§ C-level partnering, resource optimization, prioritizing
§ Solution Skills – vertical industry core concepts, processes, trends, pressures, etc.
§ Sales Skills – negotiating, proposal development, account planning
§ Financially savvy to meet financial targets
§ Advanced knowledge of HP service product, particular vertical industry, particular service business area, or solution speciality
§ Knowledge & awareness of total HP portfolio at value add level
§ Strategic thinking/planning
§ Creates the value proposition
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Dec 11, 2013
HP - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...