Ridecharge, Inc. is seeking a passionate and talented Business Development Intern to join our startup team.
Ridecharge, Inc. is the parent company of Taxi Magic, the #1 taxi app, and Sedan Magic, and has already raised $20M in funding. RideCharge is dedicated to making local ground travel more convenient and efficient through improved technology and increased mobile capabilities. Through its successful and expanding products lines, now including: Taxi Magic, in-taxicab equipment, Sedan Magic, and AlephGlobal, the company provides industry-leading fleets and drivers with direct access to an increasingly mobile customer base.
You will be responsible for targeting, contacting and qualifying new potential clients, escalating opportunities to dealmakers, and becoming a dealmaker, in addition to supporting existing client relationships. The intern will work closely with a growing team of three Taxi Magic Sales and Business Development leads, and will play a key role in:
You will provide product and technical information in a timely manner. This involves ensuring regular updates on in-process and emerging leads, clarity around accountability for moving the process forward, contacting customers following sales, ensuring ongoing satisfaction, and resolving any complaints post sale.
- Lead Generation: In partnership with the Sales team, you will proactively research, identify and qualify new leads. You will determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions. You will drive communications with potential clients to communicate RideCharge’s products and value proposition. You will be responsible for maintaining an ongoing prospect list for targeted accounts and opportunities for engagement, and maintaining all lead information in SalesForce.com.
- Opportunity Management: You will produce and generate client proposals, presentations and meetings, that not only address a client's needs, but also clearly articulates the innovation RideCharge offers. You will also be expected to be an active participant in looking for new methods for engaging collaboratively with clients in an entrepreneurial way. We expect you to not only understand and communicate RideCharge’s unique value proposition, but to also look for new opportunities in order to advance our model. You will be responsible for increasing sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, and add-on sales.
- Collaboration: You will build cross-functional relationships in order to effectively collect written, verbal and visual input from the Sales team in a collaborative way. Responses to various types of procurements will be a requirement of the job, and adapting to those kinds of more process-oriented opportunities.
- Communication: You will be responsible for improving and maintaining visibility and transparency in our pipeline and business development process.
- Dealmaker: You will be responsible for learning the dark arts of dealmaking, forming and negotiating creative contracts and agreements, and driving deals through the finish line and on to the implementation team.
Our work environment appeals to entrepreneurs, evangelists, self-starters (how many more business jargons should we use for awesome?), and flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to support potential clients and project teams in translating challenges and questions into opportunities for innovation. This role requires design sensibilities, business acumen and client empathy.
The ideal candidate has:
Why Work at RideCharge?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high Klout score and strong social media presence
- In-depth experience in conducting research (via data gathering and conversation) and synthesizing this data into meaningful and relevant internal and client communications
- The ability to multi-task, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A focus on and attention to detail
- Facility and comfort with developing connections with people inside and outside of an organization
- Strong presentation skills are a plus
- Qualified candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Word, MS PPT, MS Excel, and Salesforce.
- Qualified candidates should be familiar with having an absolute amazing time building the world's best transportation technology and working with a great team of people!
Mobile technology is rapidly changing how people interact with the world around them. RideCharge is a fast-growing software startup dedicated to extending mobile technology and innovation to ground transportation industries, making travel more convenient and reliable for millions of customers. We share a broad vision for the future of local travel: Rides, when you need them, booked and delivered seamlessly, serviced by great partners.
Our flagship product is Taxi Magic, the award-winning electronic booking service that allows consumers and business travelers to quickly and easily book a ride with over 75 taxi fleets across North America. We also develop Taxi Magic TV, an in-taxi console that provides entertainment content, place-based media, and credit card payment for taxi passengers. Our latest product, Sedan Magic, is launching soon.
Based in Alexandria, VA and part of the Washington DC startup community, RideCharge has, to date, raised over $20M in funding and is one of the best funded companies in the ground transportation space. Our growing team of over sixty full-time employees is dedicated to revolutionizing the travel industry, while building a great, lasting company in the process. We work hard and have fun together. New team members have the opportunity to contribute ideas and efforts that decide the future success of the company. We are building a diverse, high-performance team dedicated to revolutionizing local travel and making life easier.
For more information please visit www.taximagic.com.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Semi-flexible hours
- Flexible vacation and holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dependent Care FSA Plan
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Cutting edge employee technology
- Free beverages
- Regularly catered lunches
- Monthly company Happy Hours (sponsored by Heineken)
- Startup office environment (casual dress, canine co-workers, ping pong, etc.)
If you think that just sending in a resume and cover letter will get you hired, you’re probably in the wrong line of work. We want to see some creativity, tweet us (@taximagic), create a video, do ANYTHING to sell yourself as if you were selling Taxi Magic to a client. If we like you, we’ll ask you to send along the boring stuff (i.e. resume) at a later time. Due to the large number of responses, replies will only be sent to candidates selected for an interview. Thanks for your interest and good luck. We look forward to some entertaining submissions.
Copyright Notice: This content has been copyrighted. To request permission to syndicate this content visit https://www.sortiq.com/feedback.