L-3 Communication Systems-East is located on the waterfront directly across the river from Philadelphia's Penn's Landing. It is in the direct proximity of the New Jersey Aquarium, Campbell's Field, the Susquehanna Bank Center and Rutgers University. There is free parking and shuttle service to public transportation (PATCO) and the New Jersey Transit Riverline stops right on the campus.
L-3 Communication Systems- East develops Information Assurance and ISR products, integrated Communication Systems for Naval and Coast Guard ships for both domestic and international markets and Unattended Ground Sensor Systems. As a leader in C4ISR technologies, CSE develops state of the art technologies for secure space, civil space, aviation and ground products as well as systems integration.
Join L-3 Communications Systems-East and be a part of a cutting edge design and development team
Business Development Manager – Integrated Communications
Responsibilities: Business Development Manager responsible for leading near and long-term positioning and capture for new business opportunities in our Integrated Communications (iCOM) business targeting DoD Programs. The Business Development Manager will develop customer relationships, identify high potential programs, shape and influence customer requirements and capture new business. Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate should have relevant experience and a track record of Business Development success in defense programs. The position requires demonstrated customer interface skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management abilities. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced, self starter.
- Develop and lead our domestic iCOM business development strategy
- Work closely with Program Management and Engineering to identify and capture new programs and customers
- Develop and manage customer relationships
- Influence and shape customer requirements
- Develop and communicate effective “Win” strategies
- Lead Capture Teams
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a closely related technical/communications or business discipline (Engineering or Advanced degree preferred).
- Demonstrated new business development success with DoD and Prime Contractors
- Experience in competitive business capture, strategy development, corporate teaming and proposal development
- Communication systems knowledge
- Working knowledge of the US Military organizational structure, budget and acquisition processes; Prior military service is a plus
- US Government Secret security clearance or ability to attain clearance is required
- Demonstrated leadership, business acumen, and ability to work effectively across a multi-disciplined organization
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 20 percent travel
- Local candidates preferred, but will consider relocation assistance if necessary
L-3 is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks. E-Verify participant
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...