L-3 Communication Systems-East is located on the waterfront directly across the river from Philadelphia's Penn's Landing. It is in the direct proximity of the New Jersey Aquarium, Campbell's Field, the Susquehanna Bank Center and Rutgers University. There is free parking and shuttle service to public transportation (PATCO) and the New Jersey Transit Riverline stops right on the campus.
L-3 Communication Systems- East develops Information Assurance and ISR products, integrated Communication Systems for Naval and Coast Guard ships for both domestic and international markets and Unattended Ground Sensor Systems. As a leader in C4ISR technologies, CSE develops state of the art technologies for secure space, civil space, aviation and ground products as well as systems integration.
Business Development Manager – Secure Communications
Responsibilities: Business Development Manager responsible for leading near and long-term positioning and capture for new business opportunities in our Secure Communications business targeting NSA, DOD and the Intelligence Community. The Business Development Manager will develop customer relationships, identify high potential programs, shape and influence customer requirements and capture new business. Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate should have relevant experience and a track record of Business Development success in Secure Communications and with this customer base. The position requires demonstrated customer interface skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management abilities. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced self starter.
- Develop and lead our Secure Communications business development strategy
- Work closely with Program Management and Engineering to identify and capture new programs and customers
- Develop and manage customer relationships
- Influence and shape customer requirements
- Develop and communicate effective “Win” strategies
- Lead Capture Teams
Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required. Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a closely related technical/communications or business discipline (Engineering or Advanced degree preferred).
- Demonstrated new business development success with NSA, DoD and the Intelligence Community
- Experience in competitive business capture, strategy development, corporate teaming and proposal development
- Secure Communication systems experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of the NSA, DoD and the Intelligence Community’s organizational structure, budget and acquisition processes
- US Government security clearance or ability to attain clearance is required; TS/SCI
- Demonstrated leadership, business acumen, and ability to work effectively across a multi-disciplined organization
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 30 percent travel
L-3 is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks. E-Verify participant.
- This position reports to Camden New Jersey. The customer base for this position is located in the Baltimore Maryland/ D.C. area. Candidates from other areas will be considered for remote work location.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...