We are looking for a self-motivated and proactive Business Development Manager to drive analysis, work on opportunity modeling, develop relationships, negotiate contracts, and manage partnerships which drive awareness and revenue. Partners might include big CPG brands, retailers, flash partners, and branded distribution partners. The position will focus on the Wedding Paper Divas and the Tiny Prints Brands, and will operate out of Sunnyvale, however travel to Redwood City is necessary when required. This position reports to the Director of Business Development.
Create, evaluate, develop and execute marketing plans with potential and existing partners
- Identify, structure, negotiate, close, implement, execute and/or manage relationships with prospective partners including strategic distribution, flash, and big retail partners.
- Conduct analysis, opportunity modeling, and develop screening criteria to drive prospecting activities and evaluate strategic fit of target opportunities.
- Manage deal process, contract drafting and coordination with legal counsel.
- Work closely with the General Manager of Wedding Paper Divas to identify opportunities, and perform qualitative and quantitative support analyses for business development decisions and present findings to senior level executives, including the General Manager of Wedding Paper Divas.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to implement partnerships.
- Work with creative services to drive relevant campaign asset development consistent with messaging strategy
Report partner program ROI and optimize programs
Forecast and track all product aspects of any partner marketing campaign
Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA or BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA is a plus.
- Prefer 4-6 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in a leading strategy consulting firm, corporate development, corporate finance, investment banking, marketing (product, brand, general, partner or integrated) or a similar analytically-intensive position. Prior deal experience is a preferred.
- Candidate should possess strong project management skills, and be able to work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment. S/he will have a level of maturity sufficient to comfortably and confidently interact with senior-level management (internal and external). The Business Development Manager should be able to think strategically and simultaneously see the "big picture" and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to interpret legal documents, draft and negotiate contracts and work with prospective partnership managers or attorneys to completion.
- Strong understanding of basic corporate finance topics, well-developed financial modeling skills
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, energetic, creative, self-starter looking to have a significant impact on business success
- Passion for the Shutterfly, Inc. family of brands and its products
Tiny Prints - 11 months ago