The Navy and DOD Business Development Manager has primary responsibility for the identification, development, and realization of revenue from professional services opportunities for Echelon I and II customers within the DON and related Defense organizations. Specific emphasis is on customers within any or all of the following: OPNAV, SECNAV, Echelon II commands such as NAVSEA (primary), NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVSUP, NAVFAC, ONR, and MARCORSYSCOM (and their associated Program Offices and Field Activities), or other Defense organizations with related functional consulting needs.
- Developing strategies and growth plans based upon sound, business-based analyses of market information and current and planned RGS capabilities.
- Identifying, developing and realizing revenue opportunities, based upon these strategies.
- Developing and managing the relationship between RGS and new or existing customers by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders throughout the market.
- Working with corporate management to continually improve corporate business development and proposal development processes.
- Working with Practice Directors, Program Managers and Capture Managers to develop and identify proposal win strategies, differentiators, and teaming partners.
- Establishing third party teaming relationships, and leveraging existing contracting vehicles and business relationships with other prime contractors to successfully capture opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities for revenue growth in both the current year, as well as over the next 2-3 years and beyond.
- The Navy and DOD Business Development Manager will be primarily measured on meaningful and sustainable new revenue generated from the target sectors and will have discrete annual goals and objectives for revenue, bookings, and opportunity pipeline.
- 5 or more years experience in a business development capacity. This should include experience leading the identification, qualification, pursuit, proposal development and capture of opportunities. This should also include the ability to establish a strong “win strategy” and capture plan for targeted opportunities.
- Experience selling consulting engagements with federal customers to include services such as Logistics, Human Capital Management, Strategic Planning, Financial Management and Information Technology.
- Knowledge of and direct experience developing and closing professional services business within the target markets.
- Strong Business Development process discipline and training and experience in capture strategy development and execution.
- Experience in the government contractor support services procurement and proposal process.
Education: BA/BS degree in related field, MBA or equivalent is a plus.
- Service delivery background and understanding of consulting services.
- Prior military or Government service
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Sharepoint
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret clearance – current clearance a plus
RGS - 22 months ago
RGS brings fresh ideas and powerful insights to the government’s toughest challenges.
For over 25 years, leaders have turned to us...