Title: Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager role is responsible for driving net new sales and revenue from new prospective customer accounts within their assigned territory. Sells solutions through prospecting, networking and executing on account plans and marketing initiatives to increase Crown Records Management footprint within assigned accounts resulting in revenue growth and quota attainment.
A. Manage and develop accounts for sustained revenue growth (prospecting & qualification)
• Assesses prospective and assigned customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate Crown Records Management products and solutions. Develops and implements strategies and business plans through understanding the clients business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Positions and illustrates alternative ways of creating the real value of Crown RMS solution offerings for clients through assessing their problems or opportunities and highlighting Crown RMS areas of strength, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction and competitive advantages within each existing and net new accounts.
B. Relationship Management
• Builds customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals. Understands and influences a wide range of customer’s (including Crown Records Management partners) while acting as industry expert to the customer. Partners with key customer decision maker(s) to structure business strategy as it relates to customer requirements (service level expectations, training of Crown RMS solutions). Ensures frequent communication to enable superior customer satisfaction and to keep customer educated on emerging industry trends related to customer’s organizational information management needs. Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
C. Strategic Account Planning and Pipeline Development:
• Continuously prospects to develop net new clients, as well as which include expanding existing relationships and products of assigned accounts. Develops a strategic account plan for each named account leveraging customer knowledge and the Crown Records Management organization. Maintains a consistent ‘pipeline’ the enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment. Activities to support pipeline and account activity include, managing timely detailed responses to RFP’s, tracking activity in DOLPHIN, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of Crown RMS product offerings.
D. Industry Knowledge:
• Active within industry associations in the market to increase Crown RMS awareness, through attending tradeshows, reviewing whitepapers and keep current within market trends. Maintains a deep knowledge of customer’s business trends, current macro and micro economic climate, and potential new business opportunities.
E. Account Sales & Revenue Growth:
• Responsible for final account sales and revenue growth through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a solution proposal, pricing, profitability, liability, and service agreements perspective for accounts to meet and exceed quota attainment. Responsible for identifying, selling and closing new areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within net new and assigned accounts.
• The Business Development Manager role will work to partner with the customer on net new opportunities and work through Negotiated and RFP sales processes. The Business Development Manager role must understand customer requirements in order to successfully negotiate the contract, partnering with other Crown Records Management departments as necessary. Negotiate pricing and Service Agreements as appropriate. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, as well as lead and contribute to proposal responses process.
Functional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
• Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling.
• Must have the proven ability to translate the customer need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value propositions and negotiation skills.
• Have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities.
• Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills through professional messaging.
• Encompasses strong interpersonal, planning, analytical skills and business acumen for effective decision making.
• Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
• Ability to team effectively at all levels of Crown RMS and customer personnel (to include c-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
• Candidate must have or quickly develop strong Messaging and Selling skills and incorporate these into their regular selling routine.
• Experience in small, medium, and large complex sales organization.
• Possess a thorough understanding of strategic selling methodologies.
• Self motivated and self directed
• Proven ability to meet and exceeding quota targets.
COLD CALLING AND PROSPECTING NEW CLIENTS
Ability to develop, maintain and present to senior level management within their customer base
Create demand by understanding specific vertical market business challenges, delivering value statements, value propositions, and by identifying the key buying influences in a complex sales environment.
Responsible for driving new business from prospective clients within their respective territory, and meeting and/or exceeding all sales quotas to achieve their assigned revenue goals.
Area of Responsibility:
Sales organization and assigned territory
1. Ability to present to senior level management
2. Negotiation skills
3. Account/relationship management
4. Effective questioning techniques
5. Proficient with oral and written communication
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Crown Records Management may include other duties as assigned.
For Resume submittal please contact Crown North America Recruiter - Callie Balderas at: email@example.com
Crown Relocations - 16 months ago