Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling syndicated research products -managing the sales pipeline from lead generation to close. This position will identify and qualify business opportunities and cultivate new and existing client relationships through a consultative sales approach. At present, most interaction will be over the phone or through video/web conferencing. When required, face-to-face client presentations will be conducted by or with a Managing Director. Cross-selling custom market research services may occur with support from researchers or custom research sales team members.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling syndicated research products or other information-based services such as database or portal subscriptions or individual reports.
This is an entrepreneurial assignment brining new products to industries to which the company already sells custom research solutions, and for which there is huge growth potential for syndicated sales and growth of business overall.
- Plan and execute against an assigned target to sell newly developed syndicated research products within the Healthcare (Hospitals/Insurers) and Energy (Utilities) industries.
- Maintain an appropriate sales pipeline, and produce accurate and timely business forecasts based on your activities.
- Promote syndicated products across the industry group sales force; be the trusted specialist and create business development campaigns that generate leads, interest, and opportunity to sell syndicated research solutions.
- Understand the changing business issues and needs that our potential clients in the Healthcare and Energy industry face.
- Work directly with the industry group sales team to identify client needs and map their business challenges to Market Strategies & Cogent Reports’ capabilities.
- Develop and present customized value propositions based on identified prospect needs and promote our syndicated and custom research solutions to potential clients.
- Work with the respective internal industry group leaders to ensure that clients are obtaining maximum value for their investment.
- Lead or co-lead client communications during introductions or presentations, and drive the client decision process to closure.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
- Must have a BA/BS degree in business or marketing related field. (A combination of education and experience would be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience with Fortune 500 accounts;
- Prior experience or contacts in the Healthcare (Hospitals/Insurers) or Energy (Utilities) industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the market research industry and the ability to converse with customers about a range of quantitative and qualitative research topics and how they address business needs.
- Experience selling to corporate marketing executives; an existing network of senior-level marketing contacts is a key strength.
- Demonstrated track record of continuously exceeding sales goals.
- Expertise in pipeline management, revenue forecasting and sales planning activities.
- Superior written and verbal skills and the ability to deliver compelling sales presentations.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to communicate and build relationships across all levels of an organization.